Sophie: Christmas Secrets

Sophie sat by the window, watching the snowflakes slowly fall to the ground. The school yard was empty, and a calm silence seemed to envelop everything around. She was thinking about the last time she had seen her teacher. Sophie remembered the day she had seen her father at school and how she didn't want to let it go. She had never been so close to him as on that day.

A week had passed, and he hadn't shown up at school. The teachers said he was either unwell or had decided to start his Christmas break early, but Sophie knew that wasn't the case. She had seen how worried he looked and how tense his conversation had been with that man. Who was he, and what could have happened after their meeting?

Sophie couldn't just sit and wait. Her thoughts constantly returned to him and what might have happened. She decided she had to do something to find out the truth.

The next day, gathering her courage, she headed to the principal's office. She needed to find any information about the artist and his mysterious visitor. As Sophie approached the door, she heard muffled voices. It seemed the principal was talking to someone. She quietly opened the door slightly and listened.

"I understand your concern," the principal was saying, "but he asked us not to spread any information about his condition. He's confident that everything will be alright."

"But we must do something," replied a voice Sophie recognized as Mr. Livingston, another teacher. "We can't just sit idly by."

Sophie felt her heart tighten. She couldn't wait any longer. When the conversation ended and Mr. Livingston left the office, Sophie approached the principal.

"Excuse me, sir," she began, "but I need to know what's happening with the drama club teacher. He's my favorite teacher, and I'm really worried about him."

The principal looked at Sophie attentively and sighed.

"Sophie, I understand your feelings, but he asked not to be disturbed. He's confident he'll be back to his duties soon."

"But who was that man who came to see him last week?" Sophie asked, trying not to reveal her anxiety. "I saw how worried he looked after their conversation."

The principal frowned but then smiled softly.

"That's a personal matter for the teacher, Sophie. I promise we'll do everything possible to ensure he returns to school as soon as possible."

Sophie realized she wouldn't learn anything more here. She thanked the principal and returned to class, but her worry only grew. She needed to find another way to find out what was going on.

The next day, after school, Sophie walked home, her mind still on the mysterious stranger. Agatha interrupted Sophie's thoughts by gently nudging her with her elbow.

"Daydreaming again? Don't tell me you're still thinking about him. I know you're a big fan and he's your role model, but you need to let this go. He's a grown man, he'll figure it out."

"What if he doesn't?" Sophie couldn't hide the worry in her voice.

"He has a family, they'll help him if needed," Agatha replied confidently.

"What if I'm his family too?" Sophie whispered barely audibly.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing..." Sophie quickly turned away, trying to hide her embarrassment. "Let's go to my place. Grandma's visiting, and she's probably baking Christmas cookies right now."

Agatha rolled her eyes but softened at the mention of cookies.

"Alright, let's go. But remember, Sophie, you deserve to be happy too, without all these worries."