.The Culprit༊˚

AUTHOR'S POV :

It was now zoology class. The teacher entered the classroom and announced that there would be a quiz game today on the topic taught yesterday.

"It will be Girls v/s. Boys. Whoever raises their hand from their respective teams and gives the correct answer will get the point, Okay?" The teacher said.

Everyone agreed, and the quiz began. The teacher started asking questions, and the students answered them. Avni and Ishan were the ones answering most of the time.

Both teams had equal points. The last question would decide the winner of the quiz.

"It's the last question. Be ready. Whoever answers first wins", the teacher said.

The teacher asked the question, and Avni answered it in seconds. All the girls started celebrating. The teacher silenced them and then congratulated the girls. The class ended, and the teacher left the class.

Ishan opened his phone and texted Avni, "Congrats."

Avni looked at the notification and then at Ishan, then ignored the message.

Noticing that Avni ignored his message, Ishan said, "You can't type?"

Avni replied in the same tone, "You can't speak?"

Ishan chuckled at her response, but before he could say anything in reply, Nidhi took Avni outside the classroom.

AVNI'S POV :

Nidhi took me outside the classroom, towards the cafeteria, I thought. But instead she took me to another place, I guessed it was the canteen, as everyone was having their lunch. We got our lunch and sat on a bench.

Nidhi said, while eating her food, "The school really serves good food."

I just nodded. It was my first time eating the school's lunch. I didn't want to fill myself so I thought to eat less.

I felt someone sitting next to me, it was Ishan. Aaron also joined us by sitting in front of me, next to Nidhi.

"Isn't it weird that we still don't know who locked you guys?" Nidhi started.

"Just forget about it already, we are alive and safe", I said.

"Yeah, that's true but we should at least know who it was", Aaron said.

"But-" I said but got interrupted by a voice, it was Neha.

Neha said, "Can I join you guys?", as always in her fake accent.

Ishan said, annoyed, "Can't you see? The bench is full."

I made an excuse to get out of here. I said, "I am full, I will leave. You can have my place, Neha." I left the place and Nidhi followed me. We both went to the cafeteria.

Nidhi spoke, "She can't even let us eat in peace. I have at least ate more than half of my meal, you didn't even eat 1/4th."

"It's alright, I'm not that hungry", I said.

"But I am", said Nidhi as she went to buy some donuts from the shop.

I chuckled. We both then walked towards our class. On our way back to class, we found Neha talking to her friend. We ignored her and continued walking, but then we heard her say, "I locked them up."

We both stopped. Nidhi went a little nearer to them to hear their conversation.

Neha said, "You know what? I locked Ishan and Avni yesterday in the sports room and they still don't know who it was. At first I didn't want to lock them, I mean Ishan. But I eventually did as I wanted revenge on Avni" She said to her friend, laughing.

I could see Nidhi starting to boil up in anger, and as soon as I saw her going towards Neha. I stopped her and took her to the classroom. She was angry, both at me and Neha.

Nidhi yelled, "Why did you make me leave that place? Why didn't you tell her anything?"

I said, calming her, "Nidhi, Calm down. We still don't have any proofs against her. Leave her, leave this topic. Drink some water.

Nidhi looked at me and said, "You are still after the fucking proof? You literally heard her admitting her deed and you still want proof? You are unbelievable."

Before I could say anything to her, Ishan and Aaron arrived and asked what happened to Nidhi.