I See Forever In Your Eyes

Day 21

Day 21 since that awful collision.

James continues to breathe on his own and show minor signs of being alert. Apparently, he puckers his lips when Julia kisses the corner of his mouth. It should be happy news, and it is... but I have this pit in my stomach. I'm losing Julia. We haven't talked about it, but I feel it. I can't bring myself to start the conversation because I don't want to even think about it.

Trisha has been busy. Too busy. She looks exhausted. She hasn't been sleeping. She'll never fucking admit it but I can tell she doesn't feel herself. Instead...she stays busy. She went to the police station to pick up any belongings that were found in the crash. Fortunately my wallet and license were found. Along with hers and Julia's. No one can find anything for James.

The police have yet to find next of kin for my driver Malcolm, as his wife passed away a few years back. But when they do, James's fate is in that family's hands.

All phones were either lost or destroyed in the accident, so Trisha went out and bought all of us new ones, including James, for when he "wakes up," she said. Paul is still by her side, which I'm grateful for because I really think Trisha is still getting headaches but not telling anyone. She's stubborn like that.

Jonah has been busy with... everyone. It's a lot. But he's doing a great job. And even starting to talk to that nurse,Casey, a little more.

Security still surrounds the building, and reporters still report live from outside. The crowd is big and only growing, but being on this wing, in the Presidential Suite, most staff are only affected when they first enter the building. Security still escorts me and Julia regardless.

Paul is Paul and fucking Dr. Dipshit is Dr. Dipshit. He's a really smart guy. Great at his job. But he's too good looking and too handsy. The nurses swoon over him like my fans swoon over me. Sometimes, the way Julia and even Trisha gaze at him makes me uneasy. And he's nice. He's TOO nice. Right when you want to fucking hate him he does or says something to make you like him again.

And Jules. Poor Jules. Today is the start of her detox. Yesterday was the first day they stopped her Ativan, and they are gonna see how she does.

I'm in it with her for the long haul. This room is ours until she recovers completely, and Nurse Casey has been outstanding. Once in a while, we'll get Nurse Melanie, but Casey is invested. And she likes being around Jonah, so she takes on extra shifts and sometimes falls asleep on a chair in our room. She's assigned to Julia and I and only Julia and I which helps. We don't have to deal with nurses we don't know like last time.

Then there's me. Me and my broken heart.

"You're still having difficulty breathing. It could be your ribs still trying to heal, but I want to be on top of this." Dr. Patel, the hospital's Chief of Cardiology, has taken over my case.

"We're gonna send you down for another round of imaging and perform another EKG. If the EKC doesn't detect anything, we will move forward and have you wear a Holter Monitor."

The doctor can tell I'm starting to get concerned by the way my blood pressure machine goes off.

"Don't worry. A Holter Monitor is just a device you wear to record your heart's activity for 48 hours. It will show if you have any palpitations or irregular heartbeats."

"You do see what's going on in this room, though..."

Julia is not in the room right now. She's in the bathroom with Nurse Casey attempting to shower with a broken leg.

"It IS a stressful environment.." Dr. Patel acknowledges Julia's detox. "We just want to make sure we are doing everything we can to stay on top of things.