Aftercare

It hurt, even if he was gentle. he was huge which didn't help at all. The same night, he made sure he had you wrapped around in his arms and did not let you go, the night felt soft and calm, The two of you talked till asleep last night. it made your heart warm that he didn't ditch you at all.

When you woke up, he wasn't beside you. but an aroma of eggs and grape juice from downstairs, you grabbed your guest nightdress that the manor offered you, you walked out of his room, limp and weak but still had the strength to walk down the stairs.

You admired Diluc silently plating his dishes nicely, wearing an apron and a button-up shirt, the sleeves rolled up to his elbows revealing his forearms. Your ice widened when his eyes locked with yours, his eyes lit up, and his grumpy face was now happy and bubbly, "Good morning." you greeted, making his smirk wider. "Good Morning, sweetheart." Your lips parted.

"Don't call me that, weirdo." You chuckled, You had always found pet names corny, It made you more embarrassed. Instead, he stepped further, wrapping his forearms around you, and pressing a kiss on your forehead. His actions didn't change from yesterday, you were glad.

He helped you into the seat beside him, it wasn't a formal meal again, it was a meal that you didn't care how you looked. reading books, talking and laughing at the table, writing research.

The two of you decided to go to the vineyard and farm some grown grapevines, joking to each other about how the berries and grapes looked, everything felt peaceful. the cold feeling in your heart melted. you were happy it did, you felt warm with DIluc.

By the next activity, you both struggled to go to your secret spot, skipping lunch just to hang out and go through your old stuff. Badly written diaries of the three of your territories. Diluc's gaze softened when he saw Kaeya's diaries. All of his pages were full of how much he loved his friends; specifically Diluc and You. He kept writing on it till the end of the notebook, which was written two or three years ago, the day he lost Diluc.

Diluc felt weak, you were aware he was betrayed, but you also knew he wanted their partnership and his brother back. "He misses you too." You hummed to him, he gulped, guilty. He knew he was the reason why Kaeya wore an eyepatch, he was aware of what The cryo vision represented.

"Fix things with him, will ya?" You caressed his back, making him nod. You knew it wasn't going to be soon, it might take some time but for the better.

on that same spot, recreating last night, just giving you much pleasure and embarrassment of doing it outdoors, but you didn't mind. It was like only the two of you existed. He didn't come to the Tavern due to ''exhaustion", the last thing you wanted was the war right now.

You loved your archon, as well as Morax, who took care of you the times you were lost. Maybe he punished your father for the contract he broke. You and Diluc stayed by the manor as you both were the only one there.

He lay down on your lap while he made you read him a book, which he never really experienced from the lack of a mother figure. it was just him and his dad. you both talked, a lot. teasing each other, running around the house making sure you both were careful about the vases like you both used to.

It felt like a dream where you would wake up sweaty and gloomy, missing the feeling of the lovely aura. You decided you'll be dedicated to Diluc your whole life. you might not have become like him, but you've become his.