Chapter 4

Saturday arrived, and with it my date with JK. He didn't tell me where we were going but did recommend that I wear something comfortable.

I chose a cute eyelet white top, dark denim jeans, and white sneakers. My camel-colored purse and gold pendant earrings with matching necklace added just enough femininity. Anticipating potential physical activities, I decided on a messy bun to complete the look.

'"Buzz Buzz."  My phone vibrated with a text from him: [ Hey! I'm here. I'll be waiting by my car for you].

Excitement brewed inside me. I'm still in shock from his confession and the date invite all on the same day—it felt like a scene straight from a drama.

As I made my way downstairs, I spotted him through the window and couldn't help but blush at his outfit.

"Did you stalk me to see what I was going to wear today?" I teased with a cheerful but nervous laugh.

He shook his head, smiling, "I'd say this is a positive sign on how the day's going to go." He opened the car door for me, and as I got in, I watched him walk around to get in on his side. We both wore dark denim, white tops, and white sneakers, looking like we coordinated our fits for the day.

"You don't feel weird, do you? It was honestly a coincidence," he asked, a hint of panic in his voice.

"No, I'm fine," I reassured him, eager to change the subject. "So, what's the first thing on your list for us today?"

In my head, I was kicking and screaming at how cute we looked together in our matching outfits.

"First, I'm going to take you on a walk by the Han River. I would like us to just get to talk if that's okay." I nodded, smiling as he continued, "After that, I thought it would be fun to go to an arcade. I know it seems kind of childish, but I've had this dream of winning you a stuffed animal."

I giggled at the thought of him wanting to do something so adorable.

"Ok, and after the arcade where will we go?" I asked curiously.

"After the arcade, I have something special planned for dinner. That part's a secret," he replied with a playful smile. 

I nodded, with excitement bubbling inside of me. As we walked along the river, our conversation was effortless. We talked about where we grew up, how many siblings we had, and  our favorite colors. He even bought me an ice cream and and we laughed about the little things as we licked our cones.

When we arrived at the arcade, it was packed. A gaming tournament had drawn in all the hottest gamers in town, each eager to show off their skills on the old school machines. 

Luckily, the claw machine didn't receive much attention, so we made our way to the back of the arcade.

With a handful of tokens and unmatched determination, he managed to win me a giant sandy brown teddy bear.

The look on his face when the bear dropped into the slot was priceless, and I quickly snapped a pic to commemorate the moment. He was so proud when he handed it to me.

By the time we left the arcade, it was 6:00, and we headed to dinner.

Upon arrival, we were lead to a private dining space on the top floor. On one side of the room featured a lounge and a bar, while the other had a formal dining setting. The atmosphere screamed elegance, far beyond what I expected for a simple dinner date. Floor-to-ceiling windows offered a breathtaking view of the city center downtown.