Chapter 7

They stared awkwardly after their scream. "Guys, it's not that big of a deal that he's here," I tried to brush it off, but Mina wasn't having it.

"Excuse me, gentlemen, I need my other half for a minute." Grabbing my arm, she dragged me into my bedroom and locked the door.

"What is he doing here? Are you two dating? Have you had sex?" The rapid-fire questions were overwhelming, but I kept up with her.

"He wanted to hang out, but I told him we had our standing Friday night plans. So, he asked if he could join, and I said yes. Yes, we're dating, but I don't want anyone to know. No, we haven't had sex, but we do have mind-blowing make-out sessions during our dates." She soaked in the information like a sponge.

"Ok, so how does he feel about you?" she asked, slightly concerned. Mina never wanted me to experience what I did with me ex again. It has been a tough two years getting over him, so she was extra cautious of any man I brought around.

"Well," I started, "he told me he liked me before I told him I liked him. That's why he wanted to talk that day before lunch. He asked me out, and we went on our first date that Saturday night. We took a walk, went to the arcade, and then went back to his house where he cooked me dinner and we watched TV."

"Wow! And you didn't even tell me he asked you out, you minx. Did he try anything?" she was curious.

With a disappointed face, I replied, "No, he was respectful. At one point, he was on top of me, and I could feel his dick through his jeans. I could feel he wanted to go further, but he stopped himself. He always stops himself. He says he doesn't want me to think that's all he wants. I have to respect him, even though that's the last thing I want to do in those moments."

A smile. For the first time as I'm talking about a guy, my bestie smiled at me. She nearly had tears in her eyes.

"Why are you getting all emotional on me, Mi?" Mi was my nickname for her.

"You do realize that this is the first time you've openly talked about a guy like this in nearly two years. With all the bums you have dated here and there, it has never been like this. I'm simply happy to see that old you, that's all."

'The old me, what does that even mean? I don't even remember who she was; how could anyone else?' I thought to myself.

"Well, I guess that must be a good thing then," I laughed.

"It's a great thing. Okay, lets get out there. Goodness knows what Tae is saying to him. You know he does't like strangers." As we laughed, we paused, coming into the living room. The guys were laughing and talking like they had known each other for years.

"Hey, hey, what's this? You guys' old school buddies or something?" Mi jokes as she sat down next to Tae on the cushion in front of the TV.

"Haha, no, but we know a lot of the same people," Tae started, "We were just having a laugh about our buddy Jimin, you know the barista that runs that café alongside Hobi in your building."

"Oh yea, he's a sweetie," Mi states as she grabs a beer from the table.

The evening felt like pure bliss. The comfort of sitting around the table with my friends and my potential love interest filled me with a warmth I hadn't felt in a long time.

His laughter effortlessly mingled with theirs, it was so genuine and easy.

Every so often, his fingers would find mine under the table, a tiny secret touch that sent sparks up my arm. Each time he did it, Mi's knowing giggle would follow, and I could feel the heat rising in my checks.