Ch6 Dying relationship

[2022]

Oh, fried chicken sounds wonderful right now, but I tend to get quite messy while eating it, so I'll have to pass this time. She thought, her mouth watering with hunger. Wait ...I was just panicking this morning because of what happened yesterday and now I'm going on a date! wtf I'm doing..... anyways it's not like I could change anything I'll just be extra careful, no more drinking!

They both took their seats, and Gabriel seemed clearly captivated by her, eager to get closer. "Do you come here often?" he asked, maintaining steady eye contact with her.

"Yes, I've had lunch here many times with my friend." she replied.

"Your friend? Oh, you mean Eun...?"

"She's not exactly a friend, more of an acquaintance." Dahlia corrected, a hint of disdain in her voice.

Friend? My ass, After what she did yesterday, blabbing my secret to everyone and leaving me drunk and alone at night, I can't believe I ever considered her a true friend.

Dahlia felt an uneasy prickle on the back of her neck when she and Gabriel chatted over dinner. The sense that she was being watched had lingered ever since they had arrived at the restaurant. Glancing around discreetly, Dahlia's gaze landed on a familiar figure standing just outside the window.

Dongsik, their boss, was staring intently in their direction, Dahlia's heart raced, a shiver of fear ran down her spine

Boss? What is he doing out there, glaring at us like that? she wondered, her mind flooding with uncertainty.

"Are you alright?" Gabriel asked.

Dahlia turned back to him, trying to steady her voice. "Oh, I just noticed Mr Dongsik standing outside."

But when she glanced back toward the window, Dongsik vanished.

"Nevermind, what were we talking about again?" she said, redirecting the conversation.

"By the way, I've been meaning to tell you something, but I wasn't sure how you'd react...you have such beautiful eyes." Gabriel complimented her, a genuine smile spreading across his face.

Dahlia returned his gaze seductively. "Thank you...you're quite handsome yourself."

shortly after the takeout order was made the waiter brought their meals. Dahlia didn't buy any soju because she was still scared from the accident that happened yesterday. Normally, she would have a cup or two while on dates, and two cups wouldn't get her drunk , but this time, she decided not to order any alcohol.

"So, Dahlia, I heard you studied at SNU, Is that right?" Gabriel asked, his curiosity was clear.

Ugh, I really don't like talking about this, but I'll try to play it off.