Ch10 Tragic fate

[2008]

The front of the car smashed hard into the light pole, breaking the silence of the road. The force of the impact twisted out the car's frame and it got immediately deformed around the pole and at that terrifying moment, Nari's legs got painfully wedged between the dash board and the metallic pole.

The violent crash did not only break her bones into dainty pieces, it also beat her muscles into nothing. There is no way to describe the sense of her lower limbs other than a jumble of pain, completely mangled and broken. Such was her agony that it was impossible to breathe for a second without some sharp and acute pain.

Dahlia instantly was hurled forward by the sudden crash. Her arm slammed hard against the interior of the car, and the pain shot through her like fire, the harsh friction with her skin caused such an unbearable and bloody rawness, Within moments of the incident the blood began dripping down her forehead, where it had crashed onto the seat in front of her.

Soohe slowly fluttered her eyes open, the world around her spinning in dizziness, looking at herself she saw her pretty dress that was once clean and bright, now stained and splashed with dark red blood. Her arm hung at her side, broken and painful.

She's laying on the cold road like if she is merely a forgotten doll, left behind. The ache flowed through her body like a raging river, making her wonder if this was how it felt to be close to the verge of death.

With a desperate effort, Sohee turned her head, her eyes searching for her son, Hyun-ji, her heart dropped when she saw him lying a few feet away, unconscious on the ground.
His forehead was bleeding, and his arms were covered in ugly bruises. That sight filled her with fear, she felt a crushing burden in her heart. All she could think about in this moment is getting closer to him, to protect him and to make sure he was okay, for her nothing else mattered but the safety of her son.

"Hyun...ji...Hyun..j.." she tried to call out desperately attempting to wake him. "Someone, help...us.." she pleaded.

While she begged for help, Soohe's eyes widened in fear when she noticed the red car that had slammed into them, now completely intertwined with the slowly swaying, broken light pole

Was the sky always this beautiful? or is it only because these are my last moments that everything now seems so serene and lovely? I was so busy with the trappings of fame that I failed to truly notice the beauty of the sky before

Soohe knew the light pole was about to fall directly on them. Despite the pain in her arm, she tried to move her body, but it was of no use. In a heartbeat, the light pole began to fall....

Soohe's motherly instinct kicked in, and she quickly threw her body over her son Hyun-ji, shielding him from the falling weight, the light pole crashed down, breaking her neck and back in seconds, the immense pain was intolerable, and Soohe knew her time was running out.

It hurt...it hurt so fucking bad.............so is this the end?

her final thought as a single tear fell from her eyes. Her soul slowly leaving her body, Soohe lay on her son's warm form, wishing to verbalize her love for him one last time.

"I...lov..." she tried, but death claimed her before she could complete the sentence.

As the mangled car leaned to one side, the heavy light pole crashed down, its metal shaft slamming onto the vehicle's roof, shards of glass and debris rained down into the interior, further injuring Nari and Dahlia.

It feels heavy......the smell of blood is nauseating
Hyun-ji slowly opened his eyes, his heart pounding in his chest. A heavy, crushing weight pressed down upon him, making it difficult to breathe, when his senses gradually returned, a sinking feeling of dread seized him, the weight was not his own, but the lifeless body of his mother Soohe, the sight of the fallen light pole pressing against her neck, coursed a chill of terror through his body.

With trembling hands, Hyun-ji reached out and gently placed his palm on her back, his breath catching in his throat as he felt the warm, sticky wetness of her blood, his eyes agitatedly scanned the scene, taking in the crumpled red car that had crashed into the now broken light pole. The realization of what had happened hit him like a ton of bricks.

"H...help..." he choked out, the single word feeling like shards of glass on his tongue.
"Someone, please...help us!" His voice heightened in desperation, cutting through the dazed quit that had fallen over the road.

Strangers rushed over, faces marked with alarm and concern. Together, they gathered their strength and carefully lifted the heavy pole off of Soohe's lifeless form.

Hyun-ji winced in pain as he shifted position, he gently moved his mother waiting for emergency services to arrive, tears streamed down his face, blending with the blood that stained his hands a heartbreaking image of a son's profound devastation.

Soohe lying motionless on the street, drenched in her own blood, the once vibrant, flowery dress she wore had been stained a deep, crimson red, her lifeless eyes stared vacantly ahead.

"Mom..." Hyun-ji struggled to speak, the words catching in his throat as he fought back the rising tide of tears. "Mom, are you okay?" his hands quivering as he reached out to check for a pulse, but there was nothing no rise and fall of her chest, no flutter of a heartbeat.

Panic gripped him when the reality of the situation set in. "Hang on..the ambulance is here!" he cried as the distant sounds of sirens approaching.

Nearby, Dahlia cried out, clutching her chest, the car was burning, its smoke merging with the air she breathed. Bystanders surrounding the whole scene.

"Moooom! Mooom!" Her voice cracked whit anguish, Dahlia called out desperately hoping to hear her mother's voice.

On this fateful day, Dahlia and Hyun-ji's lives had been inseparably bound together by the tragic fate, the course of their futures had been forever reshaped, leaving them to navigate the unknown.

Follow
✓ vote
✓comment
✓ share [Redemption in ashes] with other wattpaders

Don't worry the spice and romance are ahead just keep reading! ༼⁠ ⁠つ⁠ ⁠◕⁠‿⁠◕⁠ ⁠༽⁠つ