Ch1 The office slut

Note:
Book Character's thoughts
"Book" dialogue
Book author talking

✧⁠✧⁠✧⁠✧⁠✧⁠✧⁠✧⁠✧⁠✧⁠✧⁠✧⁠✧⁠✧⁠✧⁠✧⁠✧⁠✧⁠✧⁠✧⁠✧

They both sat quietly on the bench, absorbed in a moment that felt awkward, around them people wandered admiring the array of artworks that decorated the walls, yet in their little world, It was only the two of them.

Dahlia was lost in the delicate beauty of the painting in front of her featuring [dahlia red flower]. It was one of Hyun-ji's less known art pieces and while many might underestimate its charm, the seductive details captivated her, the painting was dark with a somber vibe, the dark canvas blended beautifully with the vibrant red blooms.

For Hyun-ji, this dahlia flower stirred conflicting emotions it was a reminder of a traumatic moment tied to a past childhood memory, the color of that flower reflected his own sadness, yet now while he deeply observed the painting he realized tha...

For Hyun-ji, this dahlia flower stirred conflicting emotions it was a reminder of a traumatic moment tied to a past childhood memory, the color of that flower reflected his own sadness, yet now while he deeply observed the painting he realized that he couldn't live a life without her.

"I didn't expect you to be here today." Hyun-ji said, his voice steady, trying to maintain his composure and professionalism cause he was the star of this art museum this night.

Dahlia next to him, kept her gaze fixed on the flower painting, her expression icy. "Here I am." she replied flatly, a chill in her tone.

"When can I see you?" hope threading his words.

She turned slightly, glancing at him. "Well, I'll be working behind the desk at your company for the next five years so I guess you'll see me often."

"Dahlia..." His voice softened, a mixture of disappointment and yearning lacing his words, he reached out to touch her hand but she instinctively pulled away rejecting his touch.

"You know what I mean..." he pressed, his gaze pleading. "Not at work but outside of it... I miss you..."

Silence enveloped them, though Dahlia remained quiet there is no denying that him saying 'I miss you' made her heart flutter, Hyun-ji studied her face, desperation surging within him, she was all he longed for these past few days.

"Why didn't you contact me at least? It was the presidential announcement party." his eyes searching hers for answers.

Dahlia's cheeks flushed, warmth spreading through her body at the sound of her name on his lips. "You have plenty of people to celebrate with...there was no need for me to be there that night."