Ch11 Devil in disguise

[2024]

The gruelling stabs pierced my flesh sending shudders of pain through my legs, yet the most hard sensation was the feeling of my very mind being torn from its place, as if my head had been violently severed from my body

Dahlia could have easily avoided her mother's vicious assault, but she remained frozen, numb and overwhelmed with a deep, sorrowful emptiness, In that moment, the woman in front of her was no longer her mother but a devil in human guise.

There was not a trace of maternal love or humanity reflected in those soulless eyes it was like if the mother she had known had been completely and irrecoverably lost. No matter how desperately she held onto the fading memory, perhaps it was time to finally let go, this woman was no longer the mother she had loved.

Her siblings rushed into action, rapidly intervening to stop their mother from causing further harm upon their helpless sister. Yerim grabbed Nari by her hair pulling her away from Dahlia, while Chulsue delivered a kick to her chest, causing his mother to cry of agonizing pain. Dahlia remained silent, her mind spinning in a state of total shock.

"God damn it...Dahlia! are you alright?" Chulsue's voice trembled, his expression consumed with a mixture of horror and anxiety.

"Of course she's not alright she just got stabbed!" Yerim said furiously.

Chulsue's voice shaking. "w..wh...what should we do?"

Yerim quickly grabbed some bandages and tissues, urgently wrapping Dahlia's wounded legs.
"Help me with this...we need to stop the bleeding."

They both set to the task, Dahlia moaned in unbearable pain her eyes welling with tears.
I'm felling dizzy......

Dahlia gazed upon her mother, now buckled on the floor clutching her chest in pain from Chulsue's fierce kick causing her vision to blur.

A single tear slid down their mother's cheek, her features etched with an expression of guilt for the first time as she looked upon her daughter. The remorse that momentarily crossed her face was a small fragile thing, the mother she once was, buried under the sinister anger that had consumed her. Dahlia's heart hurt at the sight, a trave of the love she had once held for her mother stirring within her despite the horrific assault she had endured, yet, that fragile spark was quickly fading by the dangerous sense of pain that threatened to drown her.

Chulsue's face twisted whit revulsion, his hands shaking as he tended to his sister's injuries, the sight of her blood filling him with a deep sense of disgust and agony. The conflicting emotions etched Yerim and chulsue's features, their volatile mother had been shattering their family everyday. Chulsue carried his sister securely on his back standing in the elevator with the anxious Yerim standing beside them, her legs trembling with fear.