Ch17 Woman's rage

[2024]

Closing the photo album, She decided that one thing should take priority above all else today. She has to meet Dongsik.
It should be done today!

Dahlia put her hair up in a messy bun in front of the wooden mirror, and applied some light lip balm on her lips, dressed in a shirt, and skinny jeans, she took a taxi to work with her heart racing.

Those vulgar pictures became a weight, pulling her under the surface of stress and paranoia. Every time she looked at her naked body in the mirror, it reminded her of that disturbing moment of intimacy that felt so invasive as the days went by.

Dongsik had thought about making her fall in that trap for a long time, carefully planning every detail since the first time he laid eyes on her. He waited for the right opportunity, organizing that company meeting in the bar, and bribing Eun to convince Dahlia to come to that meeting and to drug her drink in return for some money.

Even after what Eun did, a part of her felt a chill creeping inside of her, the line she was crossing felt darker and more sinister than she had imagined. But she was blinded by jealousy and hatred to the point she started to realize that drugging her friend and setting her as a prey for assault is terribly wrong, but it was already late, that momentary guilt she felt disappeared when Dahlia start dating Gabriel, a man Eun had obsessively loved since her teenage years.

Dahlia remained oblivious all these years to Eun drugging her, she always thought, that her passing out that night, was because of the alcohol even though she felt weirded out cause it never happened to her, knowing that she have a strong alcohol tolerance.

That night, Dahlia was drugged and vulnerable, Dongsik saw his chances, It felt perfectly timed to him as he got her into his car. This was the moment he had been waiting for, to claim her body. He undressed her, and in that darkened car, he start to analyze and enjoy all her body, taking pictures of every inch of her skin.

She had never imagined that one day those pictures would Escape her memory, but the thought of them slipping into the public eye devoured her mind and heart. What would her siblings think? and her coworkers, what kind of rumors they will exchange with each others if they saw those inappropriate photographs, the thought of her becoming a laughing stock haunted her daily.

And then there was him, her future husband, a man she didn't even meet yet, the fear of being alone and never finding love, wrapped around her like a chain, Just the idea of those images surfacing and destroying any chance for a happy future made her sick.

But still she managed to realize that holding onto those memories would burn her even more than those pictures. Was it worth living in her own prison? She decided to let go of everything.

Dahlia ran her hands down her face. She just propped her elbow up on the door and stared out the window for the rest of the ride. Thinking of what she would say to him, she took a deep breath, it was time to face the past instead of letting it destroy her. It wouldn't be easy but maybe, letting go of her fear, could be the first step to redemption. Her regrets couldn't control her anymore but now she could write her own story from this day forward!

As she arrived, her legs still hurt as she walked slowly toward the building, stopping to look up at it.
I hope this is the last time I have to see this place...

When she entered, she walked carefully and noticed her coworkers staring at her with nose, she could hear them whispering behind her, Dahlia knew she was the center of attention since she hadn't been at work due to her leg injury, people were wondering if she had quit or if she was fired.

Walking further, she bumped into Gabriel, who looked pleasantly surprised to see her, he wanted to talk, but Dahlia was in a hurry and didn't stop, many coworkers were concerned to see her back after such a long absence, especially with her serious expression and quick steps it felt a bit frightening.

When she reached Dongsik's office, she didn't bother to knock, Instead she pushed the door open aggressively, Dongsik was shocked and thought, who have the audacity to enter his office like that, to his surprise, he saw Dahlia standing there with a cold and serious look on her face.

Dongsik couldn't hide his happiness when he saw her but he also felt worried, normally, he always convinced himself that his feelings for Dahlia were just an unhealthy sexual obsession but after not seeing her at work for a whole month, he realized he might have real feelings for her, even if those feelings were complicated and twisted.

He got up from his chair and walked to the door, closing it behind him while his coworkers looked on with curiosity, he kept his distance from her, trying hard not to touch her because he knew it would only make her angry even more, as he looked her over, he noticed her messy hair and mismatched socks, which showed she was in a hurry.

"Long time no see... how are your legs?"

Dahlia approached him, her gaze grew intense with doubts "You.......how did you know about my legs? I never mentioned them! Are you stalking me or something?!"

"Is this any way to greet your boss after being away for so long?" His expression hardened.

"Except you're not my boss anymore.....I quit today!" she replied, smirking with satisfaction. "Oh and about those fucking pictures you took....I don't care if you share them or show them to everyone...just stay away from me!"

He had a strong grip on her biggest monster that she feared for so long, a secret weakness that he thought would always give him power over her. He knew just how scared she was of those pictures and videos surfacing the internet. But now, as she stood in front of him, she seemed completely unbothered by it all, it was as if she had found a way to move past that fear, and it left him feeling both confused and frustrated.

Her words struck him like a blow, for him they could not be any more grating, irritation washed through him in reaction, as well as his hand clasping at her arm, making it an almost viselike grip on her skin, and his eyes burning into hers with searing intensity.

"You want....what..." he sluttered but before he could continue, Dahlia quickly turned around and had a swift reaction as she painfully slapped him across the face, his head whipped to the other side.
In a brief moment, he stood looking at her shocked, the slap left behind one very noticeable red mark on his cheek, which was no doubt what manifested her furry.

her cheeks flushed from both frustration and adrenaline and her arm throbbed from the force she had put into that slap. "DON'T TOUCH MEE!!" She shouted, her voice rang out across the entire office making her the main talk in the whole building.

In that instant, something within him cracked, the fire in her eyes was unmistakable, it was a mirror reflecting his own failures, and his own weakness. He had expected her to cower, to submit to his overpowering presence, but instead, she stood there, fierce and unapologetic.

Dahlia sensed a rush of satisfaction when she slapped him but she felt like it wasn't enough, a fire raged inside her, urging her to hurt him even more, only God know the kind of humiliation he had piled on her all these years!

Her heart pounded rapidly in her chest, she grasped the doorknob but stopped for a moment before gathering the courage to turn back and face him despite her fear, now she had nothing to lose, she already lost her job and her reputation, thinking Dongsik will likely spread those images, all was left is her dignity that she was trying to save.

Anger glittering in her eyes and in a wild move, she spat on his face, wanting to make it clear to him just how far he had crossed the line. "You.... you're so disgusting"

He placed his hand on the place her slap had burned into his skin, He knew he had not just lost her today but he also lost the chance to be someone better, after her departure, he was left alone, haunted by her anger, and his own sickness that had driven many people away from his life.

✓ Follow
✓ vote
✓comment
✓ share [Redemption in ashes] with other wattpaders

Note: In next chapters, you'll be able the see Dahlia and Hyun-ji first encounter after years! Stay tuned!! 🔥