The Countdown

@Chm1000234 we meet again with one of your ideas! I thought to lighten it up after last weeks darker episode. . . . . A little architectural AU.

***********************************************************************

"Daddy, would you explain to Eda what a contract is?" pouted Selin Atakan. That was seven months ago, five months into the one-year contract that Eda Yildiz signed with the Nakata Agency. Eda had gotten along well with Mustafa Atakan, he was a clever and engaging older man. They even chuckled over the naming of his agency, "I had been to Japan as a youth and loved the culture, I thought that it would set me apart in Istanbul. It has served me well all these years."

Eda enjoyed working with Mustafa, he was a fun partner to collaborate with, his daughter Selin, was a different story. The woman was a living, breathing nightmare, an entitled, talentless brat. Mustafa had pleaded with Eda, "Work with her, please? I beg of you. She won't listen to me, maybe she will listen to someone who is her own age."

Unfortunately for Eda, that didn't happen. Selin didn't want to listen to Eda, she wanted Eda to listen to her because she was the owner's daughter. Mustafa was a businessman and he needed to keep the business coming in, so he separated the two women. Selin was given minor projects and Eda was given strict instructions to check all of her work before it left the building.

There was a tiny problem with that order, Selin's friend Pyril, the receptionist had an alarming tendency to tell Selin what Eda was doing, so Eda stopped checking Selin's work after Selin went whining to Mustafa. When he called her into his office and she heard Selin ask him to explain to her what a contract was, Eda began to count down the remaining days in that very contract. That day was October twelfth, two hundred thirty-one days to go.

When tragedy struck on November third, Eda was heartbroken. Mustafa Atakan had a heart attack while they were on a job site, no amount of CPR could bring the man back and Eda Yildiz had lost the third parent figure in her life. She had intended on leaving Nakata after the services, thinking that Selin would be closing the agency but Eda was wrong. Selin had every intention of holding Eda to the contract that she signed.

There was a new twist to Eda's employment, Selin was now signing her name to all of Eda's designs. The first time that Eda realized that Selin had done this was when one of Eda's clients called in a panic, "Eda, I don't mean to be rude, but if Selin is designing my hardscapes I cannot accept them."

Eda got up and closed the door to her office, "What do you mean Mr. Baroush? I completed the designs myself yesterday before they were couriered over."

"I'm looking at the renderings right now Eda and are all signed by Selin Atakan." He held them up to the monitor to show Eda what he was referring to. The small scream that escaped Eda's mouth was a tiny bit undignified, but Mr. Baroush found humor in it. If he thought it was odd that Eda was muttering one hundred eighty-six when they hung up he didn't mention it.

With a full head of steam Eda went to Selin's office and knocked sharply once, "A moment Selin?"

The woman had wasted no time in taking over her late father's domain and redecorating it. He had barely been gone three weeks and in that time, she had stripped his office bare, redecorating the space. She was planning on doing the rest of Nakata to her taste, or lack of taste. Eda took in the stark white of the walls and bit back a shudder. "Selin, do you have a moment?"

The woman looked up from her laptop and dismissed Eda, "Make an appointment with Pyril, I'm busy at the moment." Eda knew that she wasn't busy doing anything other than online shopping. That was all that Selin had been doing since her father died, spending his money, or going to lunch with Pyril or her mother. The only people that grieved him seemed to be her and the two other architects, one had already given notice as his contract was over at the end of the month. Eda wasn't even trying to talk Murat into staying.