Chapter Eight

Why am I so nervous? I've waited for this moment my entire life, to know who my father is. To finally know if he abandon me and mum, or if he even knew that I existed.

I took a deep breath, Kaiden sat himself at the end chair of the dining table that was behind the sofa Elise and I were on. He looked hopeful, but also looked as scared as I felt.

Elise came back from the kitchen and handed me a warm cup of freshly brewed tea, the steam immediately warming my face as I took a slight sip. It was peppermint flavoured, the freshness of the liquid warmed the inside of my body as I drank it. It was delicious.

Eliza placed her cup onto one of the coasters on the table. "Have you noticed anything happening to your body in recent events? Say headaches?" How did she know this?

"I-uh". I looked down at my tea, unsure of how she knew this. "I suspected as much". Elise leant back on the couch and crossed her legs over one another.

"How do you know that something is as happening to my body? I looked eagerly into her eyes, waiting for her response.

"Your mother, she wasn't entirely normal. In fact neither was your father, therefore neither are you".
My eyes stayed on hers, falling into her blue eyes.

"W-what am I then?"

"I'm afraid I'm not sure, your mother was very secretive. Although we were close there were still things she didn't talk about." I nod, "I see. So, who is my father?"

"Your mother wasn't exactly male orientated, she had men after her all the time, but she payed them no mind". Elise smirked recalling some past memories.
"There was only one man who successfully perused your mother, and that was your father. He was attentive, kind and treated Maria like a queen."
I was staring at Elise now, watching her expression as she talked about my mother and my father.

"Treated? What happened?" Elise paused for a moment. "Don't worry, we'll get there soon".

———————————————————————————

2015

"Maria!" The man spun her around in a field full of fresh blooming daisies, lifting her high into the air. Maria laughed and looked down into his eyes, connecting her nose to his while giggling. They were in complete and utter love, absolutely devoted to one another.

The man gently placed her back down, her feet touching the freshly cut grass "I love you Maria Parker". Maria smiled lovingly as the man pushed a stray strand of hair behind her ear. She leaned up to his tall frame and kissed him tenderly, savouring the taste of her lover.

The man pulled out a small royal blue box, opening it to reveal the most beautiful tear dropped ring Maria had ever seen. "I want you to marry me Maria, be mine. Bear my child". As if Maria wasn't already glowing, she was now as she smiled even harder. She grasped the side of her lovers face and kissed him again, this time more passionately. They meddled together for a while and when the kiss finally haltered, she willingly accepted her lovers ring on her snow tainted skin.

She stared at the ring in awe, she was so happy in this moment that she thought it was all a dream. She lifted her gaze from the ring to her lover and placed a small kiss on his lips.

"I love you Adonai"

———————————————————————————

"Adonai? That was my father's name?"

"Yes, unique isn't it?" Elise smiled half heartedly. I internally questioned that.

"Very, I don't believe I've heard it before". Elise gave me a stern look, she picked up the mug and took a sip of the tea. "Remember how I said this story wasn't a pretty one?" I nodded in confirmation.

"Well this is why".

———————————————————————————

2017

"Adonai! How dare you disgrace the ones you bow to!".
Adonai stayed there, crouched on one knee and bowed his head in submission. "I apologise sire".

"You have been a  foolish child! Dispersing from your desired path just to mate and  bear child with a mere mortal?!" The roar of the carnivorous and wicked creature sent trembles across the entire temple.

"How? How Adonai, has the most praised demon to roam the underworld, fall victim to a human girl?" The creature spat with disgust, livid that one of his own could betray in such a manner.

Adonai bowed is head. "With all your respect sire, she is no mortal."

The beast looked at him menacingly. "Speak!"

"She poses a rare ability sire."

The beast inched his face closer to Adonai, spit emitting from his fangs. "What ability"

"She is immune to things, fire being the main one. She tried to hide it from me".

A low growl sent Adonai in to a small fit of fear. "So they have been reborn then?" He more questions himself rather than the bowing man before him.

"Forgive me sire. I do not understand what you mean".

Adonai made eye contact for the first time, he immediately regretted, lowering his head once more as the beasts eyes started to glow a deep red.

"Kill them".

Adonai didn't seem affected by his order, the man that Maria had married was long dead now as his true form took ahold of him once again.

"It will be done sire, I will make sure the matter is dealt with". Adonai raised his head to meet his sires eyes.

The miraculous beast that sat before Adonai snickered.

"There is only one way to hinder your faults. The power you have created resides in your wife's stomach. Kill it. Fix what you have done, and in good faith. You will wear the crown after my passing."

Adonai was adamant in regaining his right to the throne of the underworld, he didn't care for such trivial matters any longer. He promised himself he would get the job done

"And if I do not kill the demon I created, sire?"

The beast huffed, assuming this was Adonai plaguing on his word. "You will be banished, imprisoned for eternity. As for your wife and demon child. I do not have to worry, many other species will seek it out. Everyone will want a piece". The beast laughed, satisfied with his reasoning. "Everyone will want it to suffer".

Adonai nodded, confirmation of what he must do.

He must kill his wife and child.

Word count: 1000+Last updated: 2/8/2024

Word count: 1000+
Last updated: 2/8/2024