Chapter Six

The halls were still, filled with a ghastly silence, only the echoes of footsteps could be heard throughout the castle. The creek of the large wooden door alerted the King on his throne. The dark silhouette of he who haunted the walls sat cockily, eyeing the inferior frame of a man as his timid footsteps abruptly stopped at the staircase that led before the Kings throne.  

"My King, you summoned me sir".

"Yes I did". The King stood from his place of comfort, taking malicious slow strides down the staircase.

"Six years. I have given you six years to try and mend your mistake." Swiftly he caught the man's throat in his hands and raised him above the ground, the King now looking up at him.

Struggling to breathe the man tried to beg. "My King, I'm close, we are so close to finding her."

The King tightened his hold on the man, bringing his face closer to his wicked demeanour. "You are, are you?" The man frantically nodded.

"What information do you have for me then, hmm?" The man started convulsing, the lack of oxygen to his brain finally getting the best of him. "Sh-she's i-in N-New O-Orleans m-my K-King. Sh-she's of age, her ab-ability will re-reveal itself s-soon". Smiling the King nodded.
Blood began the curdle in the man's throat, the Kings hand forcing itself into his neck. The undeniable pressure eventually cause the man's throat to explode, blood raining over the castle floors as well as the King.

The King dropped the man's corpse and stepped over it, pulling out a plaited handkerchief and wiping the blood off of his skin.

The King wandered to the door of his office that subsided in front of him, walking in he strode ti the back of the room and sat down in his chair. He kicked his feet up onto the table crossing one leg over the other, he pulled out a cigarette case and lit it with the burning candle that sat on his desk.

In front of the desk hung a large painting, he looked at it has he took a draw from the cigarette. The smoke filled his lungs and he let out a cloud full of smoke.

"Justice will be served soon father".

—————————————————————————

"Sal". I rolled over brushing off the hand that shook me.

"Sal wake up it's noon". That got my immediate attention.

"Wha-what? NOON?! HOW DID YOU LET ME SLEEP FOR A WHOLE DAY?!"

Kaiden shrugged. "You needed it, you looked like shit and plus, you were looking pretty disheveled in that alleyway".

I let out a deep sigh. "I swear, if you didn't claim to know my mother or me. I would have slit your throat by now".

Nodding, Kaiden agreed. "Oh don't worry, I know. You haven't changed one bit".

I glance at him, he smiles at me while tilting his head. He takes a step back, leaning onto the doorframe, folding his arms and crossing one leg over the other.

"I'm concerned at how jolly you look". He faltered there a little bit, but managed to mask it quickly with a smile. "Why wouldn't I be? I'm taking you to see my mother".

I laugh, quite extensively. "Woah, one night in your bed and I'm already meeting your mother? Bit fast don't you think?".

Kaiden chuckles and positions himself upright against the door, hiding his hands in the pockets of his robe.

"For one, it was technically two nights. Secondly, you already have met my mother, and thirdly I didn't mean it like that".

"Smart-ass. Why am I meeting your mother then?"

Kaiden looks up as if god himself will answer for him. I snap my finger in his face which started him. "Whistle* whistle* I'm down here jack ass, answer me". He lightly chuckled and looked at me.

"I think my mother knows more about you, about why you left. If you wanted to find out?". I nodded. "Sure, I mean what harm can it do?".

He clicked both of his hands and made finger guns in my direction, "That's exactly what I was thinking, now pack your shit we leave in thirty".

"Okay, calm down Anthony Field".

Word count: 700+Last updated: 2/8/2024

Word count: 700+
Last updated: 2/8/2024