Chapter Twelve

"Okay, so here's the plan. I'll go open the door whilst you get out as far away as you can. Yeah?"

I thought about it, for about two whole seconds. "Hmm let me think, no".

"What do you mean no Sal, they want to hurt you". I turn to face him, crossing my arms over. "So? Ive been hurt before, pain isn't exactly new to me. Are you forgetting the fact I have trained my whole life to kill?"  I think that shut Kaiden up, he was at a complete loss for words.

"That's what I thought". I turned back to face the door that looked like it was about to break off its hinges at any given moment.

"I may as well start calling you a stubborn little dove" I entertain his comment, pretending to think intently on his question.

"I don't think so, doesn't quite roll off the tongue the same does it?" Kaiden rolls his eyes and nods at the door that was beginning to give way.

"Sal, I'm gonna open the door".

"Okay".

"On the count of three".

"Okay".

"One....two....th"-

"THREE, LETS GO".

"For fucks sake you impatient woman".

The door fell onto the ground, I start to charge myself at the small guy, I like my chances better here. Saggy balls over there can have the big one. The scrawny guy looks me up and down, he licks his lips and gets in a fighting position. Ugh gross.

"You done eye fucking me now? Or are we just gonna stand here all day?" The scrawny man pounced on me, knocking my head back into the cabinet, I place my hand where my head made contact, blood soaked my fingers. My head started to ring a bit but it was nothing too hindering. I grabbed the man's shoulders and brought my knee forcefully up to his groin. He screamed in agony and doubled over, holding his crotch. He eyes me, seething. Damn if looks could kill.

"YOU FUCKING BITCH!" The man started foaming at the mouth I swear, his fangs now on display. He looked really hungry, ready to devour me. Disgusting.

"Awww, did I hurt you Mr vampy wamp?"

He sprung to attack me again, this time I dodged his advance and moved the right of him, using his own momentum against him and pushed him into the drywall. He steadily turned to face me, his face reeking with anger, at the corner of my eye I see Kaiden fly across the storage room and land with a cry. I look to see if he's okay, completely forgetting about the really pissed off vampire in front of me. He used my distraction as an opportunity to pounce on me, again. This time he managed to get a hand around my neck, squeezing my throat at the sides.
I hear a loud thud as Kaiden was flung into his back, his attacker broke the end of a fallen broom and pierced it into his stomach. Kaiden yelled in pain, oh shit. Not good.

Fatty turned to me and stared at me, smiling. He then transferred his gaze to the man who had my neck in a vice, who was still extremely pissed off.

"The King wants her alive Larry".

"Larry? What a pathetic name for a vampire, no wonder you're angry noodles". Larry slammed my head back into the wall, the wind was knocked out of me completely. "Let's go, call the King. Tell him we have the bitch". Larry grabbed my arm, hard. I stopped walking and looked at him.

"Um, ouch"He smiled. "Aww did I hurt you blood bag?"

This asshat.

They started pulling me towards the exit of the storage room, the realisation finally kicking in. Fuck.
I tried to muster up enough strength to pull myself away, clenching my fists together so hard my nails start to draw blood.

I felt a rush of warmth flow through the entirety of my body, It was absolutely electrifying. I felt untouchable in that moment, like nothing could ever hurt me. The two men stopped and gaped at me, Larry letting go of my arm, terrified. I felt my skin catch alight as my body began so glow an illuminating orange. I looked fearless, fire exerting itself from my pores. I let out a scream that was loud enough to shatter glass, the heat that resided in me leaped out of my skin and painted the room in a blanket of fire.

I gathered my breathing and could smell the stench of burnt flesh. I look down at Larry, his corpse completely charred and burnt to a crisp, same goes for the big guy.

I look down at my hands in awe. "What the fuck did I just do?" "You kicked ass little dove". Kaiden got up behind me, pulling the makeshift steak from his chest, tossing it to the side.

"What, was that?".

Kaiden looked down at me, also unknowing of what the hell just happened. "I'm not sure, but you looked truely ethereal". He tucked a stray piece of hair back behind my ear. "I'm proud of you, you saved yourself and I".

"Thank you, but considering I don't know how I just did that, don't expect it to happen again".

Kaiden smiled. "Agreed".

I looked at Kaiden and glanced at his blood stained shirt. "Hang on, are you okay? I thought you vampires die from a wooden steak?"

"It missed, only punctured my left lung. Still hurts like a bitch though". I sighed in relief. "Okay good.

He smiled, he hauled his arm over me and we both tarted toward the door. "Let's get on that plane shall we?"

"Yes fucking please".

Word count: 900+Last updated: 2/8/2024

Word count: 900+
Last updated: 2/8/2024