An Awkward Mission

Before this one shot starts, I want to say that this is inspired by a scene in the movie "Ted 2". I just thought the scene was funny and would work with these characters.

And by the way, this is set between Season 4 and Season 5 (You know, the Shadow of Ronin arc)

Kind of an awkward teamup if you ask anyone of the three. Now that Shadow Samurai or Ronin as the Ninja team had gotten to know, was on the loose with his crew, the Ninja had split up in small groups and Wu really must have had fun coming up with this one.

It was Jay, his older brother Jack, and of all people, Nya.

Jay and Nya had not really been on good terms in a long time and now they had to be together on a mission. Also, adding Jack into the mix was not a good idea because he totally believed the two belonged together.

The three were currently eating some breakfast at a highway side diner, Jay and Jack sitting together on the other side of the booth while Nya sat opposite to them. They were still waiting for their food so they were having quite an awkward conversation.

"So, uhm... If we manage to eat in under thirty minutes, we might get to Astor City by midnight," Nya said, looking at her bracelet.

"What are we gonna do in Astor City?" Jack asked in confusion, raising an eyebrow.

"We have some old friends there," Jay decided to respond. "The Ultra Agents are a group of superheroes who protect the city. We helped them with an Elemental Master problem a few years ago. Tox and Mr. Pale went rogue and they couldn't stop them alone."

"Oh, nice. So are we asking them for intel or...?" Jack asked.

"That's the plan. Their city is a lot more advanced than Ninjago City or Jamanakai or any other town in Ninjago so they might have some tracking devices which can help us find Ronin," Nya explained.

Jay was about to open his mouth, but a young, blonde waitress soon came to the table with their orders. Jay and Jack took the basic breakfast which included three pancakes, a cup of coffee, bacon, and eggs while Nya took a chicken salad.

She set the plates and cups on the table and smiled at the group. "Hope you enjoy your food, I'll bring the check when you're finished," She said with a bright smile.

Jack winked at her and took a mouthful of eggs. "Sure thing, hot stuff," he said once he had swallowed the food.

The waitress just shook her head and rolled her eyes, leaving back to the counter immediately after the Master of Thunder's comment.

"Come on, Jack. Can you be normal for one time?" Jay asked with a chuckle, digging into his own food.

"But she was good looking..." Jack defended. "Besides, Kai has a thing going on with Skylor, Zane is dating the girl in his head, Cole is a lone wolf and I fucking respect that, Wu totally has the hots for Lloyd's mom, Seliel had something with Shade, Cindy and Chris are totally in love, but don't want to admit it, and you two are like the same case so I gotta find someone as well."

As soon as Nya heard the last part of the sentence, she started to choke on her salad while Jay just coughed awkwardly and poured some syrup on his pancakes, immediately stuffing his mouth with them to dodge any reason to speak.

"See, THIS is what I mean." Jack shook his head. "If you would be totally over each other you'd just deny it, but here you are, blushing, choking, eating, looking away... You know you two still have something for each other."

"No... No There's nothing..." Jay suddenly spoke up, but without looking at his teammates. He just stared out the window and took a sip of his coffee.

Nya looked quite sad, but understood he was right. All the visions she had seen of the future were just her imagination and their relationship was only a first love thing. She had read enough romance books to know they are totally bullshit. They never last in real life.