Prologue

In the bustling city of Seoul, where the skyline is a dazzling array of lights and the streets are always alive with energy, there was a figure skating rink where dreams began. It was at this rink that Kim Sarang first met Park Sunghoon when they were both nine years old. Both had been signed up for figure skating lessons, and it was quickly apparent that they were naturals on the ice.

From their very first competition, Sarang and Sunghoon dominated their respective categories, always ranking first in the female and male divisions. Their names became synonymous with excellence in the figure skating world. As their skills grew, so did their friendship. They trained together, laughed together, and dreamed together, becoming an inseparable pair both on and off the ice.

Their bond was further strengthened as they attended the same elementary, middle, and high schools. In school, they were each other's confidants and partners in crime, always by each other's side. They supported each other through the highs of winning championships and the lows of grueling training sessions. To everyone around them, they were more than best friends; they were practically family.

But life has a way of changing even the best-laid plans. In the middle of high school, just when they were preparing for the biggest competitions of their lives, fate intervened. Without warning, circumstances beyond their control tore them apart, leaving a void that neither could fill.

While practicing for their last competition together, they found themselves standing in the middle of the empty rink. The city was quiet, and the cold air of the ice rink was filled with unspoken words.

"Tomorrow, everything changes," Sarang said softly, her breath visible in the cold air.

"Yeah," Sunghoon replied, his voice barely a whisper. He wanted to tell her then, to pour out his heart, but the fear of making things more complicated held him back.

As they stood in silence, the moon casting a gentle glow over the ice, both wondered if they would ever find the courage to confess their true feelings. Little did they know, the next day would mark the beginning of a journey that would challenge their friendship, test their hearts, and ultimately decide their fate.

In the heart of Seoul, where dreams are made and broken, the story of Sarang and Sunghoon was about to unfold-a story of love that had always been there, just waiting to be discovered.