Chapter 6

_

One Saturday, after finishing their studying session together, Sarang and Sunghoon found themselves bored and aimlessly hanging around Sarang's house. The afternoon sun filtered softly through the open balcony door in Sarang's room. She was sprawled out on her white fluffy rug, her gaze fixed on the sky beyond the balcony.

The room was quiet, with only the occasional rustle of the curtains in the breeze. Sunghoon, equally restless, was lying on her bed, carelessly counting his fingers above his head, staring at the ceiling in a daze. As the minutes ticked by, a mischievous grin slowly spread across his face, and he suddenly got an idea—why not prank Dohwa?

Sunghoon suddenly remembered a prank he saw online—a classic but effective trick.

"What if we do the old 'cling film on the doorway' prank? You know, where you stretch it across the doorframe and wait for someone to walk into it?" Sunghoon suggested, his eyes gleaming with mischief.

Sarang giggled, imagining Dohwa's reaction. "That's perfect! He's always so focused when he's studying, he'll walk right into it."

They quickly gathered the materials: a roll of cling film, some tape, and a step stool. They decided to set up the prank at the door to Dohwa's room, knowing he'd soon come out for a snack break.

Quietly, they snuck up the stairs. Sarang kept watch while Sunghoon carefully stretched the cling film across the doorway, making sure it was taut but nearly invisible. Sarang suppressed a laugh as she handed Sunghoon the tape, and they secured the ends on either side of the doorframe.

"Perfect," Sunghoon whispered, stepping back to admire their handiwork. "Now we just wait."

They retreated to Sarang's room, where they could spy on Dohwa without being seen. The anticipation built as they stifled their giggles, waiting for their unsuspecting victim to walk into the trap.

After what felt like an eternity, they heard Dohwa's chair scrape against the floor. He was coming! Sarang and Sunghoon held their breath as Dohwa opened the door and stepped out, walking straight into the cling film.

There was a moment of confusion as Dohwa's face smacked into the plastic, and he recoiled in surprise. "What the—?!" He flailed for a second, trying to peel the cling film off his face. The look of pure annoyance on his face was priceless.

Sarang and Sunghoon couldn't hold back their laughter any longer. They burst out laughing, clutching their sides as Dohwa glared at them. "You two! I knew it had to be you!" he yelled; his voice filled with frustration.

Dohwa, still fuming, ripped the cling film off and marched toward them. "You're so dead!" he threatened, but Sarang and Sunghoon were already running for their lives, knowing that Dohwa wouldn't actually hurt them, but he'd definitely make them pay in some way.

They dashed down the stairs, with Dohwa hot on their heels. "Split up!" Sunghoon yelled, and they darted in different directions, hoping to confuse Dohwa. Sarang ducked into the kitchen, hiding behind the counter, while Sunghoon slid into the living room, ducking behind the couch.

Dohwa, however, wasn't fooled. He cornered Sunghoon in the living room, grabbing him by the collar. "You think you're funny, huh?" Dohwa growled, but there was a hint of a smile on his face.

Sunghoon grinned sheepishly. "Come on, Dohwa, it was just a joke!"

Before Dohwa could respond, Sarang jumped out from behind the counter, spraying him with whipped cream from the fridge. Dohwa yelped in surprise, releasing Sunghoon as he tried to wipe the cream off his face.

The three of them ended up in a heap on the living room floor, laughing uncontrollably. Even Dohwa couldn't stay mad for long, though he was clearly still annoyed. "You guys are the worst," he muttered, but there was no real malice in his voice.

Sarang and Sunghoon exchanged a triumphant look. They knew they'd won this round of pranks, but they also knew that Dohwa wouldn't let this slide without getting even.

"We'll clean up, promise," Sarang said, still giggling.

"You'd better," Dohwa grumbled, though he couldn't help but smile a little as he headed back upstairs.

As they cleaned up the mess, Sarang and Sunghoon couldn't stop laughing, replaying the prank over and over in their minds. It was moments like these that reminded them of the carefree joy they found in each other's company, a bond that was strengthened by every shared laugh and mischievous scheme.

Later, after everything was cleaned up, Sarang and Sunghoon sat on the porch, enjoying the evening breeze. They were still smiling, the adrenaline of the prank slowly fading.

"Dohwa really hates me, doesn't he?" Sunghoon asked, half-joking, half-serious.

Sarang shook her head, smiling. "He doesn't hate you. He just doesn't like being the target all the time."

Sunghoon chuckled. "Maybe we should let him win the next one."

"Maybe," Sarang agreed, though they both knew they'd never stop trying to outwit each other. It was just how they were.

They sat in comfortable silence, feeling contentand close, knowing that no matter how many pranks they pulled or how many timesthey annoyed Dohwa, they'd always have each other.

_