Invitation

Dorin

I watch my warriors train from my window I'm currently sitting in my office my desk is flooded with stacks of paper. Our pack has grown over the years it now acquires the sixth position among top ten powerful packs all of us have worked hard to make it happen. As their Alpha I always try to keep my pack content and safe but lately whenever  I'm with my pack members I can sense their concern which is obvious because I had not found my mate. If an Alpha doesn't have a mate, he starts to become weak, and a weak Alpha can't rule the pack with his Luna besides him he is stronger, and they lead the pack together. I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard someone knocking at my door.

"Come in." the door flew open my beta stomped towards my oak desk.

"I swear when I find my mate I'm going to punch him in his gut." My female beta has also not found her mate and being constantly reminded about it makes her go nuts.

She handed me an indigo velvet envelop "It's from the Alpha of midnight claws" she stated I had contacted him a few days back. I told him that we were looking for our mates and would like to pay a visit to his pack he immediately agreed the Alpha is known for his generosity. When we don't find our mates, we go looking for them in other packs, but we need to contact their Alpha before we show up.

I remove the golden wax seal and open the envelope I pulled out a thick rectangular white card and begin reading the words that were written in gold "The Alpha is inviting us for his son's birthday." My beta groans she didn't like to attend parties, but we couldn't reject his invitation he was helping us to find our mates.

"Come on, Anne, I feel like we're going to find them" I try to make her understand.

"Fine. but this is the last time! I'm exhausted visiting packs returning back without a mate getting nagged from mom and dad." She goes on with her blabbering.

I hope she finds her mate she is my friend and I love her a lot but sometimes she can be quite handful we are interrupted by a knock on my door "Alpha, a man named neon wants to meet you" a guard standing near the door informs me.

"Neon? never heard of that name before." She squinted her eyes I stood up from my seat.

"Always nosy ." Pierce Dorin's wolf uttered.

"I heard that pierce." It's fine if you don't want to tell me Dorin I will not force you she stood up.

"Thank you for being considerate at least for once."

"Pierce!" my wolf doesn't hate Anne he just like to get on her nerves sometimes.

I cleared my throat before things could get heated between my wolf and beta "You should start packing will be leaving in the evening." She nods and exits the room.

"You're no fun."

"Pierce." I warned him.

"Neon, you can come in." It's his code name his real name is Neo. A tall man wearing a long beige coat and grey trouser came into my office we shake hands I gestured him to have a seat.

Neon is a werewolf investigator I appointed him to look into my missing parent's case he was suggested to me by my close friend. When I was doing it on my own for the past two years there was no progress. After Neon and I started working in collaboration we found some clues that indicate my parents may be alive we have been we trying to locate them for a couple of days. Only the elder's and previous gamma and beta know about it.

"I was able to detect their location." I grinned from ear to ear I had been dying to hear this news.

"Where are they?" on a human territory I looked at him in disbelief I think his mistaken why would my parent's stay with humans.

"What!?" I narrowed my eyes I'm glad that my parents are alive but it's hard to digest that their living on a human land when they can leave in their pack comfortably.

"It's the truth Alpha Dorin." I was too stunned to speak and just nodded my head in agreement.

"I'm attempting to track their address if I find anything beneficial, I'll let you know." It may take longer than expected but you need to patient. with that he stood up from his seat and he took his leave.

I kept pacing around the room I thought to myself if my parent's were alive all along why did they never contact me? they knew that my life was at stake, but they didn't come to rescue me. Dad loved his pack immensely then why did he betray us and ran away from his problems like a coward. My mom promised me that she would never leave then why did she break her promise. Lies is something that I can't tolerate I was bristling with rage. I clenched my fist and bang it against the wall it made a hole in the wall teal chunks scattered on the floor.

"Seriously Dorin, I can't handle two wolves with anger issues at the same time ." Egon my gamma speaks leaning against the wall he shook his head in disapproval.

"Lies!" I snarled I and Pierce we disheartened they left me to die they did the same thing she did.

Egon places his hand on my shoulder and begin saying "I don't know who lied to you but the way you reacted I guess the person holds a special place in your heart. Dorin when we are angry, we tend to make reckless decisions and regret them later don't come to conclusion listen to the truth and then decide." my gamma is right I need to get a closure listen to the other side of the story even if it means hearing some nonsense.

"Egon, I need you to take care of the pack in my absence I and Anne will be leaving in the evening were going to pay a visit to the midnight claws." There was dead silence in the room before I collected my myself and begin to speak, he nodded.

"How long will y'all be staying?" we will return soon after the party ends, I informed my gamma we discussed pack related things for a few minutes. After that I headed towards my room, I had already booked our plane tickets. I grab the suitcase from the corner and lay it on the bed unzip it and begin to toss my clothes in the luggage.

A few hours later

It was time for us to depart we were standing outside the packhouse grasping the suitcase in our hands waiting for the cab to arrive that my gamma booked for  us our pack members who could make it came to say goodbye to us. Shortly the taxi arrived the driver placed our suitcases in the car truck. We wave our hands and get in the car I glance at the greyish building the packhouse start to get smaller as the car moves further.

I have a feeling that I'm going to find something that I sought and no one can take it away from me it only belongs solely to me .