Growing feelings

Lara

I run until my legs give out and lie – down on the mushy grass I rest my muzzle between my legs and watch the sun appear. I close my eyes and hear the various sounds that surround me I stay like that for a few minutes. I stand up and run behind the tree where I left my clothes I shift back and throw on my t-shirt and legging and begin walking.

I shut the door behind me when I set foot in the house, I inhale the smell of warm waffles drizzled with chocolate coming from the kitchen. I follow it and see my older brother decorating the waffles with strawberry slices.

"You arrived just in time I made some yummy crispy waffles for us." Luca says with a bright smile on his face unlike me he didn't have a tint of brown to his electric blue eyes.

I give him a smile and was about to pull out a chair to seat when Luca quickly stood beside me using his wolf speed "you don't need to that as long as your brother is here." he pulls out the chair for me I thank him and sit he keeps a plate in front of me with waffles.

He sits across me with his plate, and we dig in I put a slice of strawberry in my mouth Luca begins to tell me "The Alpha and Beta of the woods harmony are visiting our pack" I've heard a lot about that pack I said to myself it obtains the sixth position in top ten powerful packs. "He and his beta are coming here to find their mates" I let out a sigh of sadness we were told that when we turn seventeen will meet  our mates however that isn't the case with me, and my brother were twenty-one and still have not found our mates.

I touch the mark on my face and thought to myself are we cursed ? my thoughts were interrupted when I felt a hand on top of mine. "We are not, sis" Luca gives it a squeeze and reassures me we always know when something is up among us because of our twin bond.

Luca tries to change the subject and asks me about the attack I inform him that yesterday at the hospital we had a case of wolfsbane he strokes his chin. "The Alpha is investigating into the matter" when I say that his eyes go wide in shock.

"Why didn't nobody notify me." he took out his phone from his pocket and begin typing something. I stood up and grabbed our plates and put them in the sink and begin washing. I glance at the clock it was time to wake - up Stella and get her ready for school.

I'm packing Stella's lunch box while Luca was tying her shoelaces at that moment my phone beeps with a message from vera.

"Good morning, gorgeous I finally got my baby back." Vera has a blush pink car she calls it her baby.

"Morning, that's a great news!" I type and click on send.

"I've got to go meet me at the infirmary, bye." I reply and put the phone in my pocket.

Luca locks the door I help stella to put on her backpack today Luca is taking her to school I peck her cheek and say goodbye to them. I was running out of time I quickly get in the car and hit the road.

Few hours later....

"You need to take these tablets twice a day after breakfast and dinner." Doctor Elena had prescribed medicines I was explaining to the patient when they need to be taken.

I come out of the room Vera greets me she was in her chirpy mood as always. Doctor Frane has requested to meet us in his office "Did you hear Alpha of woods harmony is visiting our pack" I nod my head Luca had informed me during our breakfast.

"I heard his good – looking. Is there a possibility –" I cut her off not having a mate is getting into her head she chuckles, and we continue to walk.

"He is accompanied by his beta." but she is a furious female she stated. A female beta I thought to myself that's very rare and impressive.

We are outside doctor Frane's office I knock on his door he tells us to come in when we enter. He is sitting behind a desk studying a file Vera shut the door behind us at that moment his head snapped up his chestnut eyes met Vera's jade eyes. He was standing facing her and had a delighted look on his face like he found something that he had been looking for.