Scheming

Lara

After the dinner everyone returned to their respective rooms, I'm helping mom and Stella to settle in their new room Stella was jumping on the bed while I and mom were unpacking the suitcases.

"Stella, stop jumping you're going to hurt yourself." Mommy this bed is so bouncy her feet gets trapped in the duvet she nearly tripped I ran to catch her, but Dorin beat me to it.

"Careful princess we don't want you to get hurt." I let out a long breath in relief "Stella! I had told you not to do naughty."

"Sorry mommy, I didn't mean to scare you." She said lowering her eyebrows and pouts her lips her dejected look could make anyone's heart melt mom's face softness she nods her head.

"Princess, do you promise that you will to be a good girl." she nods her head and wraps her tiny arms around him.

"I have a surprise for you." he begins to mind link within seconds a muscular man comes in the room clutching a huge box in his hands wrapped in gift wrap Dorin takes stella near and tells her to take off the lid.

I gasped in astonishment it was a stuffed with toys and school supplies "yay!" Stella squealed in delight holding her new plush toy. Dorin turns towards us he informs us that he had enrolled Stella in the pack school, and she can start in two days she was beyond excited and begins to dance we giggle looking at her. Mom thanks him we let them rest wish them goodnight and exit the room.

I pecked him on his check he seemed stunned "thank you for everything that you have done for me and my family." He smiles and corrects me "our family" we intertwine our fingers and begin to walk in the direction of our room.

We were standing outside our room "Lara, I have some pack work that needs to be taken care of I'll finish it quickly and be right back." He kisses me on my forehead and leaves.

The room was spacious it had a king size bed, black lampshades were placed on the two nightstands, in front of the bed was our closet, an armchair was kept beside the huge window which was covered with marron drapes, above the dresser was a rectangular shape wooden carved mirror, in the corner of the room there's a desk with a laptop and piles of files on its upper surface.

I unzip my suitcase grab my towel, underclothing and pyjamas go in the bathroom all my essentials such as shampoo, conditioner, face mask, body wash, and so forth everything that I needed was made available. The warm water took out all the stress from my body I was drying my soaked hair with towel my elbow accidentally knocked the files that were placed on the desk. I bend down and begin collecting them my eyes fell on a blue file that said personal at that instant the door open and Dorin entered the room his eyes move to the file in my hands he immediately snatches it from my hands and tosses it in his side of the closet.

"Dorin, I was not snoop-" he holds my hands and looks at me sincerely.

"Please forgive me Lara I didn't mean to be rude to you." I could see the regret in his eyes I also knew that he was hiding something from me but I'm not going to push him he can tell me when his ready.

"I know that you will never hurt me" I cupped his face in my hands and said gazing in his chocolate brown eyes "I forgive you."

"I-I want to tell y-you-" I place my index finger on his lips "shush, it's alright you don't need to explain anything to me right now" he nods his head I stand on my tiptoes and peck him on his cheek.

I lean against the headboard staring at the white ceiling lost in thought why  did Zlatan want to mark me? this question kept bothering me. We used to hang out together when we were younger but as the years went by his behaviour changed. He started to misbehave with the omegas, got involved in shady deals and begin to manipulate the pack members. Those who tried to tell the Alpha about his son's deeds were punished. The pack was enraged with the Alpha they called meeting to strip his title in the end, he continued to rule as the Alpha he asked for forgiveness, but his son never go the punishment that he deserved.

At that time, I was studying at a human academic institution when I got back Luca told me to stay away from Zlatan. Why? I had no idea and did what my older brother asked me to do I never hung out with Zlatan again. I asked my twin for the reason behind it several times, but he shrugged off and carried doing his work.

I was leaving after spending a wonderful time with Anne suddenly Zlatan grasps my wrist and begins to forcefully shove me into his room. He was of a higher rank all my attempts to free myself were to no avail my vision begins to turn foggy. Luca appears in the right moment and punches his nose Zlatan grip loosens I pull away from him Luca tell me to get in the car I nod my head and rush towards the car.

"Lara, why are you crying?" Dorin sat Infront of me flaunting his bare chisel chest wearing grey sweatpants his brows furrow he wipes a tear that trickled down my cheek.

My eyes were too busy admiring his finely sculpted torso I didn't pay attention to what he said, "You like what you see, love." My cheeks flushed with embarrassment I notice a smirk playing on his lips.

I put my hands on his chest and push him I didn't realize that he was sitting on the edge he lost his balance he grasped my arm, and we fell on the floor with a thud.

He was lying flat on the back his arms we firmly wrapped around my waist I looked down at him "Dorin, are you alright?" he shook his head "I'm not liking this position" I looked at him in disbelief in a blink of an eye, our positions were switched.

"D-Dorin l-lets go to s-sleep." I begin to stammer. oh, my Goddess! I wanted to bury my face in the pillow.

"You look adorable and red like a cranberry." He winks I smacked his arm he pretends to look hurt I chuckle looking at his expression.

He leans down I can feel his warm breath near my ear "you're perfect" he whispers in his deep voice. He kisses my forehead put his arm around my back and the other underneath my knees he lifts me in his arms and gently places me on the bed.

Dorin turns his back my eyes widened when I see his entire back was covered in horrendous scars it's common for Alpha's. But this is something extreme he could have lost his life whoever did this to him was heartless. I get out of the bed and touch his bare skin my wolf and I were boiling with rage.

"Who did this to you?" he turns and said, "don't worry the monster who did this to me I made sure he does not exist." he puts on his white t-shirt.

"Lara, I'm here with you and that is what matters don't shed tears thinking about the meaningless past which only brings back agony." I nod my head we lie in the bed, and he pulls the duvet over us.

Dorin pulls me closer I rest my hand on his chest he caresses my hair "Lara" I look up at him. "When I came out of the bathroom you seemed disturbed you can tell me if there is anything that's troubling you." I was having an internal war with myself whether I should tell him or not but eventually I decided to tell him.

"I'm worried about Zlatan's next move." his body stiffened he inhales my scent and tries to calm himself down.

"I'm never going let him get closer to you again." he puts his arm around my shoulder I lay my head on his chest I hope Zlatan never returns in my life again.

Zlatan

Zlatan is in his bedroom he runs his fingers over Lara's picture that his holding in his hands.

"Lara, your luck saved you this time." he gazed at her picture he opens a drawer that is full of her pictures.

He takes out the pictures and arranges them on his bed "I'm going to return, and nobody will be able to save you I will not stop until I claim you as mine." he laughs wickedly he picks a picture in which she is smiling.

"I always liked you to bad you're not my mate but that doesn't mean I'm going to let you go I want you more than ever keep running but, in the end, I will catch you." A knock on the door startled him he opens his door in fury.

His anger escalates when he sees the person his uninterested standing in his line of sight. Zlatan barks at the person to leave he threatens that he will tell the Alpha and get the person banished if he sees the person again he slams the door and goes back to his devious plan.

Long hours of writing, editing and deleting here's the new chapter.

Question of the day

What do you think Dorin is hiding?