Second chance

Valentino

I rang up Dorin a few times, but he didn't answer I assumed he is busy and decided to call him again later. Soph sat on the rock and watches the water ripple on the exterior I take a sit beside her she looks carefree. When the breeze blows again a few strands of her red hair fell on her face I gently tucked the hair behind her ear she shivered when my fingers touched her skin. From outside anyone would be fooled to think that Soph's life is content because she always has a smile plastered on her face but only people who are close to her know about the brokenness, excruciating pain, emptiness that she is going through.

I was introduced to Soph by Elena, she told me that they were cousins. Soph had come in with a tray of snacks when I was convincing Elena to get back together with my brother. The minute are eyes met I was fascinated and wanted to learn more about her. She told me that she had found her mate, and I was happy for her the happiness a mate brings to your life is priceless. When she revealed his name the tranquil look on my face was replace by a frown it was no other than my idiotic cousin. I caught her crying her heart out in the woods in many instances the reason behind it was always that fool. I tried to make her understand repeatedly that it's not healthy and she is digging her own grave by not accepting the rejection. Every time I saw him, I felt like punching him in face I had to resist the urge.

At first, I had intended to stay for a week, but I changed it after I gave Dorin my word that I'm going to help him to protect his mate. A life without your other half is meaningless your life is never the same when you have lost someone with whom you had planned a future. I get mad at the egoistic Alpha's who take their mate's for granted, I couldn't save my mate, but I can help someone else to protect theirs I don't want anyone to go through the misery that I had to face.

"Soph, why don't you accept his rejection and free yourself from his clutches." I couldn't muster up the courage whenever I had the chance I couldn't get a single word out of my mouth.

"He is a fool for rejecting you anyone would be lucky to have you as their mate." She shakes her head.

"No one would want an omega to be their mate they despise us Tino." A solitary tear escaped from her eye and rolled down her cheek I wiped it with my thumb.

"There will be someone who would love to be with you for the kind of person you are the title won't matter to them." My fate is sealed I can't undo anything even if I want too.

"You can, it's not too late whatever decision you make I'm always going to support you you're not alone soph I'm with you." I was caught off guard when she hugged me, I wrapped my arms around her.

"I-I'm So-Sorry," she pulled apart and stood up. Her eyes were foggy she was mind linking with someone.

"I have to go I'll see you later, I nod my head she sprinted towards the packhouse.

I return my gaze at the sky. I hear a familiar voice greet me I see my dad occupying the spot on which Soph sat before she left, he smiles at me.

"It's nice to see you socialising son." I have heard my brother say that word countless times in the last three years.

"Son, it hurts me to see you suffer. We can't change what happened in the past that's a harsh reality we have to live with things are never going to be the way they were before, but we need to look past it." I nod my head I had recently started to communicate with my father after my mate's passing.

I used to only talk with my older brother rarely because he was busy training to become the Alpha. He used to come in my room whenever he would have spare time, and we would have a heart-to-heart talk.

"I'm trying dad, but it will take time." He gives me a knowing look.

"As your parent's we are proud the way you dealt with the situation we thank the Moon Goddess every day for keeping are kids safe. Our life would have been miserable if you had done the mistake my younger brother did." Dad had a sad expression on his face it was sore subject for him.

My dad is the middle child Zlatan's dad was the first born they had a younger brother who died after losing his mate.

"Do you like that woman son?" maybe he had seen me talking with Soph.

"I saw you comforting her she seemed distressed. I'm aware that she is an omega but I'm perfectly okay with that as long as you are happy, I regret what I had said to you in the past." It's okay dad we forgave you long time ago. You had said it because you were worried regarding the pack's safety.

"Dad, can you have feelings for someone else after you have lost your mate." there was a pin- drop silence before he begins to speak.

"Honesty, I don't know son never heard of it happening but that doesn't mean theirs not a second chance mate it's rare but those who are fortunate find." He said to me.

"A second chance mate isn't it a myth?" he shakes his head "not according to your grandmother.

"I recall her telling me about a second chance mate when I was a teenager, she told me that if a young mate dies the Goddess tells them to make a wish, they can't wish to get their previous life back. If she finds it reasonable, she fulfils the wish."

"Dad, can gods make mistakes?" I don't think so son.

"I think the Moon Goddess made a mistake pairing Soph with that jerk," thinking of him makes me boil with rage.

"Soph? is that the woman's name you were talking with?" It's Sophie, I tell him her actual name. I don't remember when I started calling her by nickname.

"Son if she has a mate, you should no-" I cut him off I know full well what he was going to say.

"Dad, he treats her like trash and rejected her instantly when he found out they were mate's." Dad gritted his teeth and called him a jerk. If only dad knew we were talking about his nephew.

"What's keeping you two apart?" she hasn't accepted the rejection yet.

"It's hard for her but if the moon Goddess has a plan for both of you than no one can stop it from happening." he stands up and informs me that he is going back to the pack tomorrow.

After he leaves, I start to think of me and Soph I'm not certain regarding my feelings for her, but I can't deny the tingles, sparks that I felt maybe she did too. Could she be my second chance mate? the question kept repeating in my mind.