Secretive

Dorin

I have a few more paperwork to complete. After the conversation with Lara's mom, I got in our office to finish up the stacks of paperwork that was kept on my desk for couple of days. Lara had gone to pay a visit to the school I sent Egon's mate with her. Throughout the day I has someone accompany her and keep me posted on her. I had locked myself in the office since morning. I requested for my lunch and dinner to be sent here. My phone begins to vibrate I look at the caller id I see Valentino's name on top of the screen before answering the call.

I click on the accept icon and bring the phone near my ear. We greet each other he apologised for calling me so late it was 10.00 pm I said to him it's all right. He got straight to the point and told me he called regarding Zlatan upon hearing his name I clutch the pen tightly that I was holding in my hand.

He tells me to not leave Lara alone Zlatan is plotting something dangerous. Yesterday when he was passing by his room, he saw a photo of Lara under his door he picked up and noticed the mark under her eye was scribbled with red marker. I wanted to kill him right now my wolf and I were boiling with rage. He said can't believe I'm saying this but don't trust my uncle he can go to any extent for his son's happiness his blinded by love for his son and knowing Zlatan he is going to take full advantage.

I heard a woman scream "ten attacked inform Doctor Elena." Valentino sighs and tells me that recently attacks had been taking place at the midnight claws pack. That's strange I thought to myself we just got back, and I never heard about any attacks happening.

The pack doctors notified the Alpha, but he didn't take any action. I was stunned how can he remain calm when innocent lives are being harmed. Valentino tells me that he talked to some pack members, and they told him that Zlatan was harming the weak wolves using wolfsbane he added I'm not surprised whether the Alpha is supporting his son or not because his done this before when a few pack members told him regarding his son's deeds. The Alpha shouldn't be encouraging his son's behaviour after all his going to be the future Alpha he needs to knock some sense into him.

"Where you able to gather evidence?" I asked him he said that he had some, but we can't use it's not sufficient. Suddenly the door flew open, and a terrified looking Lara came into the office. I told Valentino that I've got to go, and I will call him back soon we said goodnight and the call ended. Lara rushed towards me and wrapped her arms around my shoulders.

"Dorin, you were so mad I felt your anger. I waited for you to come back but when you didn't, I came to check on you." I had marked her she can feel my emotions.

"Mate is upset all your fault." Pierce yelled.

"Your unhelpful." he blocked me.

"Lara, I so sorry." I apologized for causing her uneasiness. She gazes at me and nods her head.

"It's almost midnight Dorin, can you please stop working and come into the bedroom." I glance at the wall clock she was right it's almost midnight, times flies.

I stretch my hands she collects the documents and places them in the file cabinet and locks it. I stand up and we begin to climb the stairs Lara stumbles I catch her in my arms before something unpleasant could have happened. We stand staring in each other eyes. Her eyes were magical they made me forget about all my troubles when I looked in them. At that instant someone interrupts us and breaks our perfect moment I frown Lara chuckles looking at my face.

"You could have got hurt." I mind link her my voice was full of concern.

"But I didn't you saved me, my hero," I smiled gazing at her.