Good and bad news

Zlatan

The current song begins to fade, and a new music track begins to play. People show off their moves on the dance floor. The club crammed with alcohol odors. Multicoloured Headlights keep moving in various directions. Zlatan sat in the corner and takes a sip of his liquor.

"You're even more intoxicating than this whiskey, Lara." he said gazing at the chilled amber brown liquor in his glass.

"I think you should call it a night brother the Alpha wouldn't be pleased to hear that he's son in getting wasted at the club." Zlatan snapped at the bartender and told him to mind his own business.

"Have you seen Viktor?" he asks in a drunkard state to the bartender who is making a cocktail the bartender looks at the crowd.

"He's lounging on the sofa with a human girl." Drag that imbecile and get him near me right now and if tries to act smart you know the drill a smirk plays on his lips.

The bartender keeps the cocktail shaker down and goes to grab Viktor. A few minutes later he returns grabbing a dark – haired man by the collar. The man screams on top of his lungs he stops the colour drains from his face when he sees an enraged Zlatan.

"Zl...Zlatan." Viktor stammers he stood up from his tool.

"Why did you stop talking Viktor, cat caught your tongue?" Zlatan smirked at him he begins to tremble.

"A little birdie told me that you are misusing my money." He glared at him someone is trying to frame me I would never do that to you.

"Why is it taking you so long to get the task completed?" it's a bit tricky but I will get it done Viktor tries to convince him.

"I want my money back by tomorrow I will send my men to collect it, drop the idea of fleeing if you are able to return the money, I will think about sparing your life otherwise start counting the remaining hours of your life." Zlatan moves his index finger horizontally across his throat Victor eyes widen he tosses the money at the bartender's face.

"Zla-." Keep the change at least you did a better job than this numbskull, with that he exits the club

Dorin

We returned to the packhouse after I marked Lara, It's the next day I'm sitting in my room replying to unattended emails it's has over one hour all of a sudden, I hear Lara's piercing scream coming from the bathroom. I leap to my feet the impact makes the chair toppled on the floor with a thud.

"Lara, are you alright?" I asked knocking vigorously on the door.

"I-I'm not o-okay." she said in a quavering voice between sobs.

She unfastens the latch her face is puffy and red; tears roll down her cheeks she points at her mark its shade has become darker.

"I can take you near the pack doctor I'm certain he will have an ointment for it." she shakes her head and enters the bedroom.

She seats on the bed hugging her knees to chest lost in thought staring at the misty grey wall. I sit beside her and rub her back there was a deafening silence in the room before she begins to speak.

"I'm related to a prophecy." Her gaze shift from the wall to me I was perplexed she begins to explain.

Mom used to work as a librarian at the pack's library. One day when she was taking out a book from the shelves a black book fell near her legs, she had been working there for years but never saw that book before the book was titled The Last Crescent. She decided to bring the book home because something about it intrigued her, and she wanted to read it. I and Luca were watching television my eyes fell on the book mom was reading seating on the couch. I asked her if I could join her, she nodded her head I sat beside her, and she begins to read.