The Boat Ride

"You've gained weight since the last time I saw you."

Even though it had only been five days since Claude last saw them. The relationship between Claude and the children remained the same.

"Hehe, Papa is pretty too!"

Claude and the children had met two more times, and during these times, Athy realised that he wouldn't kill her just because she was sassy and confident. Athy found out that rather than becoming colder the sassier she was, Claude would become more emotionless when she seemed frightened.

And the twins? As always, they were uninterested in Claude. At this stage, Claude would have had a better chance of getting their attention by grovelling at their feet, though of course, he would never do that.

Athy felt scared to death and noticed Lily's surprise after what she had said. But as Athy had expected, Claude didn't kill her, and if the twins knew what Athy thought, they would look at her strangely for being afraid of that chihuahua.

"Come follow me."

Claude narrowed his eyes at them and turned around. Then Lily and Felix let out the breaths they had been holding.

"I was just about to go boating, so get ready."

'What do you mean, get ready!? Also, 'just about' my ass! He called us here at this time, there is no way this was a coincidence! If I needed to get something beforehand, he would've asked me, so what he really meant was probably to shut up and follow him.'

The twins stared at him with an unimpressed gaze, then glanced off to the side, where they saw their younger sister's pleading face, urging them to come along. The twins sighed and only nodded to show that they would go with Athy.

"Your Majesty, I apologise but the princess and princes and water..." Lily included the twins as she was sure that they would likely have no experience. Not that they would need it, given Azrael's magic and their innate talent for anything they do.

Lyn on the other hand looked slightly less worried than Lily as she had been with the twins and had known how the twins, despite their young age, could easily take care of themselves.

"They'll be with me, so what's the problem?"

'You are the problem!' Athy, the twins, Lyn, Lily and Felix all screamed internally.

Lily, who had spoken up to Claude for Athy and the twins, looked at Athy with anxious eyes. It was clear she was worried about her as she could not come along.

'Ugh. I don't really want to go with him either.' Athy felt a drop of sweat form on her forehead, a nervous smile playing on her lips.

Ambrose scowled at Claude, clearly not liking the idea of having to sit with him in a boat. He already had enough of Claude calling them out. *This old man is really going to drive me crazy. *

Azrael sighed and elbowed Ambrose in the side. *Watch your expression, * Azrael commented, faking a polite smile as Claude looked over at them. He felt like he had been faking smiles more often recently.

*Okay... * Ambrose responded in a dejected tone while faking a smile, just like his twin.

Claude looked on with curiosity at the twins' quick switch in personalities. Yes, he had been watching them out of the corner of his eye and saw Ambrose's scowl aimed at him.

"Do you not want to come with me?"

"Nonono, Athy wants to go with Papa!" Athy gave him a bright smile. Lily's face paled at her words, but it wasn't like Athy could do anything!