The Start

Athanasia froze as she heard rumours about the person who was supposed to be her father.

The only information she had about him was from the maids, but she could tell that the guy was a total psycho.

The place she lived in was called the Ruby Palace, and it was where the emperor's concubines had lived.

In other words, the emperor's harem. Except one day, he had killed everyone there. And yet, nobody knew why.

At that moment, the door to her room suddenly opened, and Athanasia was terrified of the possibility that it was her father coming to kill her. But thankfully enough, it was just her maids. The maids looked at her as if she were a complete nuisance.

It was obvious the maids looked down on her because the emperor never sought her out. Was she sad because of it? Of course not! Her goal was to continue living this life of luxury. She had tons of gold in her room; it was enough for her to get along just fine.

Athanasia was able to eat three meals a day, even if it was only baby formula. Her bed was warm and soft. Her favourite thing was that there was gold everywhere.

Once she grew a little older, she would plan to run away with the gold. And so, she decided to listen to Lily. She would eat well, sleep well, and grow up faster.

___________________________________________________

Twin's POV

"Did you hear about what happened?"

"What?" Azrael answered back to Ambrose.

"Apparently, that lady called Diana died giving birth to her child." Ambrose said apathetically as he lay down, dropping his head onto his brother's lap.

"Just like us, I guess. Seems like that scumbag will leave her alone too." Azrael stared into the book he was reading, eyes distant as if he were stuck in a memory.

"If he isn't ready to bear the responsibility of having a family, why is he trying to start one in the first place? Not to mention he has tried twice now." Ambrose pushed his face into his brother's stomach while wrapping his arms around his waist. It was an obvious attempt to hide his face, which showed both anger and sadness.

"I don't know. But he is just plain stupid." Azrael said as if he were stating a fact. Azrael also thought about the possibility that the bastard would try to mess with them, so he added, "But if he were to drag us into his affairs, I will cripple him."

"Why don't we just kill him if he does?" Ambrose questioned while peeking out to look at his brother.

"I have the feeling that he will be important to our half-sister." Azrael responded.

"What? How do you know that?"

"I think it is because of the stupid divine powers, but it's like something is screaming at me in an annoying voice to not kill him no matter what." Azrael got a bit irritated at the thought of the divine powers he had received from the bastard god. 'I swear I'm going to kill that stupid god for this.'

"Ah." Ambrose then understood what Azrael meant. Azrael's divine powers allowed him to have healing abilities and enhanced intuition (in other words, foresight), and Ambrose could use his divine powers to heal (though it was less strong than Azrael's healing ability) and use it like an aura.

"Well, that's enough of this depressing talk about how shitty our father is. Let's get on with our day."