Makeshift Tea Party

Athy was sweating while sitting next to Claude. The twins were sitting across from him. The twins had moved their chairs closer to each other, so they were basically shoulder to shoulder, while Athy was sitting closest to Claude.

Athy made eye contact with Claude and quickly looked back down.

Claude, being the emotionless idiot that he is, sat there as if he were perfectly fine, while Felix, in the back, kept shifting his feet and did not know where to look.

"I hadn't heard you were mute," Claude said as he lifted the cup from the table. Athy hiccupped at his words, fearing for her life.

The twins looked at him with stoic expressions for a moment before turning to face each other and continuing to make fun of Claude using their telepathic connection.

"It's not fun because you're too quiet."

Athy interpreted his words as 'I thought it would be fun, but it's not, so I will kill you.'

"Have you always been mute?"

"Athy can talk." Athy said while mustering up the best smile she could. She was sweating bullets at this point. From the twins' point of view, it seemed as if they could see a version of Athy's face floating next to her head, looking slightly off to the side with an 'I hate my life right now' expression. Honestly, the twins found that expression really funny.

The twins focused back on Claude; they didn't seem to care about him as they just sat there. They looked at each other again, shrugged, and said in unison, "We can talk, we just choose not to."

Claude raised an eyebrow at the twins' response. 'Choose not to? They sure are intriguing, and not to mention, they are quite bold.'

"Now you speak. Why did you not open your mouth until now?"

Ambrose rolled his eyes, thinking, *Because no one wants to talk to you, old man. *

Azrael, on the other hand, stared blankly at him without a word. *Does he really think we would want to talk to an old geezer like him? *

*You basically just rephrased what I said? * Ambrose looked over at his brother with a sarcastically insulted face.

*Shush, child. * Azrael said in a cheerful tone, and a wide grin on his face. Ambrose swore he saw the mental image of Azrael flipping him off with veins popping out on the side of his head.

*We're the same age???? * retorted Ambrose.

*I'm still older by FIVE minutes. * Azrael had the smuggest fucking smile in the world as he had rubbed this fact in Ambrose's face.

Ambrose suddenly felt the urge to punch his brother and likely almost would have if not for the fact that he loved his brother too much to actually carry that out.

While they had their little quarrel, Athy only sarcastically made comments in her mind. Having her own internal battle as she screamed, 'What do you want me to say!? That I was too scared to talk!?'

And good, reliable Felix, probably the only reasonable person here right now, saved them all the trouble of having to respond to the douchebag in front of them.

"Your Majesty, I'm sorry to interrupt, but I heard that children of that age are shy."

"Really?"

Athy agreed with the knight but didn't say anything, the reason being she was still scared for her life. Yet, when their eyes met, she pretended like she knew nothing and laughed, pleading in her mind for the man to just send her back already.

The twins, uncaring as they had been throughout this entire time, looked Claude dead in the eye and said, "We're oh so very shy. Now stop talking to us."