Caught in the act

It was a bright sunny day and Athy was looking around for some flowers she could turn into a flower crown. The flower crown was for Lily. The goal was to bribe her into doing something about Athy's chocolate ban.

Athy decided to look through the garden herself. She sung to herself as she was looking for the flowers.

After searching for a while, Athy realised that she was no longer in Ruby Palace.

"Uh-oh."

Athy slowly spun around to take in her surroundings. She was completely flustered about this situation.

'I know the palace is big, but I didn't expect it to be this big...'

Athy then saw the wall of a castle. She quickly ran over there with the flowers in her arms.

"Hmm?"

This place was not Ruby Palace. It was empty, Athy noticed that it was emptier than her palace. Athy assumed it was an abandoned palace, so she decided to use it as a secret hideout.

______________________________________________________

"Li, ly"

Athy happily smiled as she held up a piece of paper that had scribbly words on it. The level of education was low in this world, and kids her age learning to write were unheard of.

Athy's original plan was to live quietly and not draw attention to herself. Ultimately, she failed and accidentally made herself out to be a genius, so they started to officially educate her.

Part of her lessons was to learn basic manners. She later learned that children normally started learning manners when they were 8.

Athy felt bad as people considered her a genius, not knowing that she was reincarnated with her memories intact.

"Princess, would you like some milk?" asked Lily.

"Yeah! I dun like it cold!"

"Yes, I'll prepare warm milk for you."

Once Lily left the room, Athy got up and got the two pouches she had prepared beforehand.

The pouches contained Athy's funds she had saved up so far.

Once she made sure the weight of the pouches were about the same, she lifted her dress and quickly tied them to her thighs.

Athy had planned to sneak out at night. She found that Lily wouldn't enter her room when she was napping. Athy thought it was likely because once she fell asleep, she would only wake up when someone woke her up.

"Princess, have sweet dreams."

Thinking Athy was asleep, Lily kissed her cheek and quietly left the room.

Athy laid in the bed, listening to the sounds outside to make sure no one was there.

Athy's legs were hurting under the pouches, likely because the items inside were hard and sturdy.

Athy got out of her bed and left as quietly as she could.

Athy made it to the garden without getting caught. She hurried past the flower field and finally arrived at her destination. Her legs were shaking, and she felt like she would collapse.

Athy quickly untied the strings to the pouches and ran to the place she planned to hide her treasures. She planned to bury them under a tree. There was one problem though; she did not have anything to dig with.