Chapter 24. A Glimpse of Truth

.............................................

Umemiya sighed and hugged her tight.

"Every single time really, you find ways of sleeping on me." He chuckled before carrying her towards what he supposed is her home.

It is a white painted two story house with blue roof. He opened the gate of her home, and was surprise, it was open. He furrowed his brows on his fellow's lack of security sense.

He entered through the gate and approached the door to the house, and exhaled a few times, trying to calm his nerves. He doesn't know why he seems so nervous, right now.

Umemiya knew she lives with no one, so why? Why is he so nervous?!

He calmed his nerves and turn the doorknob to which raised his eyebrow, as an irk mark appeared on his temple.

"I'm so going to scold you when you wake up." He whispered to the sleeping Yuki before dropping her on her sofa in the living room. Surprisingly, the place was clean, unlike most boys home.

"Pardon me if I'm going to give myself a tour of your house." he muttered. He needs to get her in her room to address the wounds and bruises properly. As soon as he found her room, he climbed down the stairs immediately, not thinking of going anywhere else.

He carried Yuki towards her room and sat her down on the bed.

He smiled before rummaging unto what it seems like the medicine kit. It was a little box which was not even full of medicine, just a few pain reliever, wound dressers, and antiseptics.

He just make do with them and brought the medicine kit to where she was. 

Yuki on the other hand, was still sleeping so peacefully, not aware of everything that was going to happen while she's asleep.

.............................................

Umemiya catered to her bruises and wounds on his hands and face before he stopped, thinking it will be bad to touch her without her permission.

He called Kotoha and asked her what he should do to take care of an injured and fainted person.

"Wait... did you clean all of his wounds?" She asked. 

"Eh? Should I?"

"Of course!" Kotoha sighed in exasperation.

"But they're rather in the hidden parts... I shouldn't-"

"Then help him get out of his dress, idiot!" She yelled, absolutely mad now at his slowness. "Besides you're both dudes what's wrong with that?!"

"I don't wanna look like a pervert..." he tried to explain his side. Kotoha on the other side, rolled her eyes from his drama. "I'm telling you, wounds left unattended and covered with sweaty dirty clothes are prone to infection. If you don't-"

"Fine, I'll do it." He cut her statement, still hesitant but he gently slid the shirt up, slowly, with blinking eyes, wanting to not see anything unappropriate. 

"Anyways, who's the wounded?" Kotoha who was left on speaker, spoke again.

But he stopped midway. He swallowed the lump on his throat as his ears and cheeks started burning in the flaming shade of red. He was flabbergasted at what he had unexpectedly stared at. 

Umemiya immediately pulled the shirt down.

"Hey, Ume... who was it?" Kotoha asked again when no one answered.

Unexpectedly, an image of Yuki flashed in her mind. She shook her head, but her eyes widened when she realized something.

"Ume... Hey, Ume! Is it perhaps... Yuki?" she muttered so slowly, like she was dragging them out of her mouth, hoping it isn't actually her.

"You knew about it." He stated like it was not a question anymore but a fact. 

Kotoha didn't speak anymore afraid to make her fault to Yuki any worse than it is.

Umemiya doesn't know what to feel about this, but one thing he know is that this is not his fault.

He's not a pervert.

"This is your fault, Kotoha." he muttered enough for Kotoha to hear. "Remember, it was you."

"Shoot." she spoke, already apologizing to Yuki in her head for a multiple times.

"Come here and take care of her." Umemiya spoke to her before ending the call. He looked at Yuki's sleeping face and sighed.

He'll wait for her to open up about what he had found out. He can't force her to talk... not when she looks like she's going to leave at any moment possible.

.............................................

Yuki woke up to Kotoha placing a bowl of porridge on her bedside table. She immediately sat up and furrowed her brows when she remembered that Umemiya was with her before she fainted. She massaged her temples, wondering if he had found something out during her black out.

"Yuki... you're awake. Here, have some porridge." Kotoha nervously approached her, her hands that were holding a bowl of porridge where slightly trembling.

She promised Yuki she won't tell anyone, yet here she was, instigating Umemiya to know the truth... it was an accident though, so that shouldn't count... hopefully.

She swallowed the lump on her throat when she caught Yuki staring at her with a confused look.

"Why are you so nervous?" She spoke. Immediately, Kotoha avoided her gaze and hurriedly spoke like she was eating her words in the process. "W-who m-me? I-I'm not nervous ahahaha." She rubbed the back of her head still avoiding to meet Yuki's gaze.

Yuki received the bowl and started eating, her mind's in deep thinking. 

'I overreacted. I made him see the petty side of me.'  she thought.

She was still in deep thought when the door bursts open, revealing Umemiya. She stared at him.

Umemiya who felt her gaze looked towards her and halted. "O-oh... You're awake." his voice was quite the usual, it was low, like his energy has been drained which was utterly impossible. He hesitantly sat down on a nearby chair, avoided her gaze, and just sat there quietly.

"Your room looks good." he spoke after a good few minutes letting out a forced laugh.

She sighed at her hands.

"Stop pretending already."

#unedited.

Note.

Hello, sorry for the late updates. I'll probably stop updating regularly from today onwards. I'm kinda busy at the moment. So, I'll probably switch to 2 - 4 updates per week. I'm not really sure, but I'll definitely write when I have the time and keep you updated.