Chapter 51 (Epilogue)

(Seven years later...)

Vaughan made to approach me, but was intercepted by a bunch of running, squealing werewolf children, causing him to loose his balance a bit. He precariously steadied himself, hands clutching at the tiny legs around his shoulders.

I giggled openly, which led to him shooting me a glare, and then a heated look that promised some punishment tonight. I reacted instantly, breaths slowing.

The little hand in mine tightened, making me glance down. My five year old son, Zach, looked up at me, saying, "Mum, I wanna go play with them." He pointed ahead.

Looking up, my gaze landed on a group of male werewolves around his age running around the wide lawn. Grownups wove their way around the excited mass, carrying with them heavy bags containing party stuffs.

The jamboree organized by my residential firm was in full swing, and everyone was having the time of their lives. Every homeless werewolf under my care. My heart swole. They'll never again live in poverty, or fear.

The hand in mine shook impatiently.

"Go on," I told Zach. "Go have fu--"

In a split second, he was gone, running toward the group with a huge grin on his face. A chuckle escaped me. Very playful, that one.

Making his way through a sea of confetti, Vaughan drew level with me, and to the loud drumming from the parade, he yelled, "I'm surprised he didn't go sooner."

He took my lips in brief kiss. Above him, a little voice made gagging noises. "Ewww."

Tearing my lips from his, I laughed, reaching up to carry my three year old, Amelia. "Now what are you ewwing at."

Vaughan leaned down to press a long kiss on her pudgy cheeks, and then another on her dark hair. My heart clenched while watching him. There was no doubt Amelia would grow up being a daddy's girl.

He came to stand beside me, wrapping an arm around my waist. I leaned my head on his shoulder and watched the happy crowd, feeling blissfully content.

My phone rang. I smiled when I saw it was Eunice.

Picking up, I placed the phone on my ear. "Holla. How's life as a vampire treating you?"

She snorted into the phone. "Honestly. It's a pain in the ass. Anyway, I just arrived."

My heart soared--like it always did every other year Eunice came down to pay a brief visit to me, and her godchildren. Although why she couldn't stay in Beastclaw permanently, she wouldn't tell me.

"And," she continued. "It looks like you've got company."

I stood straighter. "What do you mean?"

"Just... Come see."

Vaughan noticed my discomfort through the bond and asked, "Everything alright?"

"Yeah." I nodded. "Eunice has just arrived."

He peered at me closely. "Is that all?"

I bit my lips. "Well, she said we've got company."

His brows drew together. Turning, he went over to get Zach. He left the kids to one of the old matron's care, and then together we went off to the pack-house.

A total of seven fey warriors awaited us in the cabinet room.

My heart sped. Had anything happened to Ines?

Going over to them, I rushed out, "Is everything okay? How's Ines?"

The fey warrior who had bowed at my arrival straightened now. "Ines is well, Luna. But... I'm afraid there's a problem."

-The End-

A/N

Thank you all so much for reading this far!♥

But don't go anywhere, ladies and humble gents! The next story's in the works and it's going to be about Ines. As for what else I'm certain of; it's going to be a teen romance.

I'm working on it, and have drafted up a short blurb already. Enjoy.

Blurb: 'There was a popular, preconceived notion about the devil's appearance. Some thought he had molten red scales and giant black horns. I thought he had pale white hair and arctic blue eyes.

I thought the devil was Dane Foster.'

_

To get more updates on it and my other books, do follow me on my socials.♥