eight (not a lesson)

Confessions

also it's saint patrick's day in this chapter so yay for patrick's 'kiss me I'm irish' tee that he's rocking in this.

and things happen also patrick's on the baseball team because who doesn't love baseball player!patrick??

"Andy, I'm, uh, I'm in love with you," Pete says into his mirror. He sighs. "Fuck, how am I ever going to tell him that I love him?" Pete groans, tugging on his hair. "Andy, I love you, and I want to fuck you,"

That's not it either, and Pete knows it. Andy is Andy, and Andy's probably going to stare at him, blink, and then laugh it off like nothing happened.

As Pete looks in the mirror again, he sees a wide-eyed Andy standing there, his mouth dropped open. "I, uh," Is all Pete can say.

"You're.. you're in love with me?" Andy asks. Pete's glad that he decided to avoid the 'I want to fuck you' part. Pete lets out a long sigh before nodding.

"Yeah," Pete says. He sits down on his bed and drops his head into his hands. Andy sits down next to him, patting his back. "Don't hate me," Pete pleads.

"I could never hate you, Pete. You're my best friend. Friend," Andy says, putting emphasis on the word 'friend'.

"I knew you'd say that," Pete says, tears forming in his eyes.

"Pete," Andy says, pulling him in for a hug. "Please don't cry,"

"I'm so stupid," Pete sobs into Andy's chest. "I really thought you liked me," He says honestly.

"I did, Pete," Andy tells him. Pete pulls away and looks into Andy's eyes, sniffling.

"W-What?"

"I was in love with you. Last year. When all you could think about was school, school, school," Andy admits.

"Now I really am a fucking idiot," Pete says before he breaks back down. Andy pats his back, hugging him tightly.

"I thought you and that Irish guy -- Patrick, or whatever -- had something going on. Everyone in the whole school thinks you guys are fucking," Andy says. Pete's eyes widen. "It's true!" Andy shouts.

"We're not exactly 'fucking,'" Pete says. Andy shakes his head, a ghost of a smile playing on his face.

"But you've totally thought about it," Andy accuses. Pete nods.

"He's hot. What can you do?" Pete shrugs. "But, yeah, I love you,"

"You think you love me," Andy corrects. Pete's eyebrows raise in confusion. "You love Patrick. And he loves you, too,"

"Whoa, what?" Pete asks, scooting away from Andy.

"You thought you loved me. Hell, maybe you did. But that was until you and Patrick started 'fucking,'" Andy says, quoting the word. Pete's eyes widen. Andy's right. (Seriously, when is the vegan not right?)

"You're fucking right," Pete says. He hugs Andy again. "Can I do something really quick? To be sure? You can tell Joe, and if he wants, he can beat the shit out of my later,"

"You're gonna kiss me, aren't you?" Andy asks. Pete nods. "Go ahead, it's whatever. Joe already said you could,"

Pete leans in and kisses Andy, his hands on Andy's cheeks. This doesn't feel right. Not like kissing Patrick does. Pete pulls away.

"Thank you, Andy," He kisses Andy's cheek before he runs out. He's going to be late to the big baseball game that Patrick's playing in if he's not careful.