epilogue (the end)

The first time Pete introduced Patrick to his parents as his boyfriend, dinner didn't go down very well. Not that Pete's parents were homophobic or didn't like Patrick. It was just an odd dinner.

Pete said, "Dad, pass me the salt," and both Patrick and Stan reached for the salt. Stan and Dale shared a look before bursting out into a fit of laughter.

Patrick wanted to cry.

That was six and a half years ago. Today, Pete Wentz will graduate DePaul University with a degree in law.

Patrick Stump is freaking out. He walks onto the stage (after months of planning) and calls his boyfriend back to the stage. Pete walks slowly, a confused look playing on his face.

The whole audience is trying to stay still and quiet, since Patrick had let everyone that came know what was going to go down.

"What are you doing?" Pete asks once he gets to Patrick. Patrick simply holds up a finger before reaching in his back pocket.

He comes back around with a black velvet box and kneels down. Pete's mouth widens.

"Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz the Third," He says, taking a breath after the long name, "I'm in love with you. I have been for too many years to count. You've been a wonderful boyfriend to me for forever. I want to change that. I want you to be a wonderful fiancé and then husband to me for forever. Baby, will you marry me?" He flicks open the box after the speech.

There are tears streaming down Pete's face as he nods eagerly. Patrick slips the ring on his finger before they kiss. The crowd applauds the two of them.

Life turns out to be amazing. Pete often wonders where he'd be if he wouldn't have mustered up the courage to ask Patrick to give him sex lessons.

okay! the end.

I love this story a lot, and I'm happy with it. extremely happy with it.

okay, well, have an amazing day, and don't forget to check out all's fair in love and youtube.

thank you guys for everything.

fin.