A CONFUSED CONFRONTATION

Wonyoung POV:

The second the words "bondage stuff" left my mouth, I instantly regretted it. Me? Regret? What, did I hit my head? And now Y/N's just sitting there, looking at me like I told her I eat nails for breakfast. Smooth, Wonyoung, real smooth.

I can't even remember my first impression of her. She was just... there. An omega, small and vulnerable-looking. I figured I'd flirt, maybe have some fun. But then she spilled juice on me. Sure, I'd forgive a cute omega—any day. But she wasn't even interested. My interest in her dropped faster than Taeju's IQ when he's drunk.

When Y/N took me to her home, I didn't think much of it. Just some random scandal with a side of inconvenience. She didn't save me or anything. She just didn't want her own reputation tanking. So, I forgot about her—well, tried to. She's not pretty in the traditional sense. Poker face, no effort. But damn, she's cute when she's trying to act tough. I noticed she lost her job at one of our hotels, so I thought, Let's mess with her a little. You know, have some fun, making her grateful. But her turning me down when I asked her out? Oh, hell no. The bruised ego didn't heal as fast as I'd like to admit.

Not after too long I realized she was in danger. But whatever, that wasn't my concern. Still, I couldn't shake her off. Mom and the uncles nagged me to help her after she got into trouble. Fine, I thought, I'll do it to shut them up. I didn't care about Y/N's safety; I just needed peace and quiet. But then I got mad, not at her, but at myself. That smug, pathetic alpha friend of hers, Ji-Yeong, pissed me off. Suddenly, the only thing running through my mind was, Taking Y/N to bed would calm me down, right?

Mom even told me to back off. "Don't get involved," she said, "it'll be a burden to protect her." Yeah, well, the enemies will think something else. Then again came a 'But' here. Taeju's taking in an omega too, so why not me? It's just fun, nothing serious. Or at least, that's what I told myself.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

That was the first time I saw any other expression on her face, Then, when I first saw her scared and running to the bathroom during that incident, I should have just shot her. But she was too cute—like a scared kitten, trying to act brave while sweating buckets.. I could smell her fear, the scent of her fear? Flowery, calming... but not overpowering. Kinda made me want to bury my face in her body—not that I could make a move right then.

I never slept with the same person for the 4rth time, whether it is a whore or a normal citizen. Cause I never wanted to involve with anything besides fighting. Same thing, I ignored Y/N too... I needed to talk to her about her brother as we had no trust on him and suspected those two siblings are plotting something. Somehow I was relieved she wasn't. But god must have fun playing with me as I tried to ignore her.

The scattering bloody pieces of human body, She took out five guys by herself, blood everywhere. Suddenly, the weak little thing wasn't so weak anymore. My feelings were all over the place.

The hopeless tragic face started to haunt me like crazy, making me desperate to break the jail and to take her away. I continuously told myself 'it's just she saved me' while knowing she didn't do too much. Thanks goodness Taeju also agreed.One second I'm thinking She's just a cute girl, the next I'm breaking her out of jail because... why? I can't stop myself from getting involved.Also I was relieved at the same time I was happy to know Y/N can protect herself.

The bare thought of Y/N depending on me made me happy beyond I imagined.

"I think we should train her to be an assassin in our group. She'll make a great one with some training." Taeju exclaimed thoughtfully but my face darkened.