THE YEO FAMILY PART 1

The day of the family gathering arrived far too quickly for my liking. Wonyoung had barely given me time to mentally prepare, and before I knew it, I was standing in front of the Yeo family mansion, palms sweating despite the crisp air. Wonyoung stood beside me, looking completely at ease. Why was I the only one panicking?

"You told me Taeju is coming too. Where is he, anyway?" I gulped, glancing at the simple yet gorgeous building—it was practically my dream house.

"How could you think he'd leave his 'bae' alone and show up at a family gathering?" Wonyoung sighed, sounding annoyed. "That idiot is skipping work for Euihyun. Why do you even care? I'm here, and that should be enough."

Well, your weird behavior matters too. Taeju being here would've made me more comfortable. My face probably showed the mix of panic and confusion I was feeling.

"Let's go," Wonyoung teased, stretching out her hand. "Or do you need to hold my hand to get through this?"

slapped her hand away gently, determined to keep my pride intact. "I can manage, thanks."I lightly slapped it away, stepping forward to enter. Nothing's wrong, Y/N. You're just invited to a friend's house. I shook my shoulders to loosen up and took a deep breath before following Wonyoung inside.

-

-

Stepping into the mansion, I was immediately hit by a fancy, almost too-perfect scent. The air was somehow both warm and cold—how do rich people manage that? And the house itself? Simple, yet cozy, but still screamed "money." Even the flowers looked like they'd been arranged by some aesthetic mastermind. I glanced down at my clothes, mentally high-fiving myself for not overdressing. That would've been a disaster to stand out.

Wonyoung, on the other hand, strutted inside like she owned the place—which, well, she kind of did. Of course, she did.

As we made our way through the hallway, I admired the elegance in everything. This was the kind of house you'd see in a magazine.

"So this is how the other half lives, huh?" I mused watching the house straight out of my dream.

We finally reached the dining room, and I spotted a tall blonde woman who immediately locked eyes with Wonyoung. She smirked at her daughter, moving toward us gracefully not noticing me behind her daughter's large frame.

"Isn't it rare to see our Wonyoung coming home this early?" she said. Her voice had that casual-but-I'm-the-boss tone. She was about to say something more when she noticed me.

For a second, her eyes scanned me in a way that had me questioning every life decision I'd ever made. Then, almost instantly, her face shifted into a welcoming smile. Nice save, Mrs. Yeo.

Before I could say anything, Wonyoung's dad, Yeo Taehwa, and her other dad, Yoo Jooin, walked into the room.

"Y/N, isn't it? Welcome." Yeo Taehwa greeted me with a kind smile.

Oh boy, here we go. Time to nail this. I quickly bowed deeply, trying to make sure I wasn't overdoing it, but still showing enough respect.

"It's an honor to meet you, Mr. Yeo, Mr. Yoo, and Mrs. Yeo. I hope you've all been well."

I tried to keep my posture perfect, hands at my sides, bowing just the right amount. I could feel Wonyoung's eyes on me, probably laughing internally at how stiff I looked. But hey, this was her family's place, and I wasn't about to mess this up.

Mrs. Yeo looked taken aback for a second, then smiled, almost like she was impressed, but still, something about the air feels off around her. Small victory for me. But before I could fully straighten up, Yoo Jooin—being the affectionate, lovable gangster-turned-dad he was—wrapped me in a light hug.