Shattered Trust✨

Beneath the smiles, beneath the lies,
A truth revealed in silent cries.
Promises made, now torn apart,
A fragile bond, a broken heart.

Promises made, now torn apart,A fragile bond, a broken heart

............................

Minho's POV:

"Hyung," Hyunjin murmured, his voice a soft whisper. I hummed in response, savoring the feel of his back against my chest as we lounged together in the bathtub. I gently ran the loofah over his chest, my other hand holding his waist to keep him close. His head rested on my shoulder, eyes closed in a moment of pure relaxation.

"I don't want to spoil the moment, but I'm curious. When did you know that Seungmin was alive?" he asked, breaking the serene silence.

I took a deep breath. "When Viper kidnapped you," I admitted.

"Really?" he said, a hint of surprise in his voice.

"Yes," I confirmed. "When we exhausted every lead trying to find you and came up empty, I received a message from an unknown number. It contained the address of the hotel where you were being held."

"Is it the same number that was threatening me?" he asked, his curiosity piqued.

"No, that was Viper. The number that texted me wasn't threatening. It just provided the location. I got suspicious and had Felix trace the message. It turned out the sender was in London, so I sent men to investigate. That's when we discovered it was Seungmin."

"I wonder why you didn't use him to get to Viper," he mused, his tone thoughtful.

"I didn't want him back in your life," I confessed. "I didn't even tell anyone he was alive. Only Felix and I knew about it."

"Do you know why he left me?" he asked, a note of vulnerability creeping into his voice.

"No, Hyunjin. But even if he hadn't left, I'm sure you would still be mine," I said confidently.

Hyunjin turned to face me, his eyes locking onto mine. He leaned in and pressed a gentle kiss to my lips before returning to his previous position, his back resting against my chest.

"We'll find another way to catch Viper. Just don't tell anyone Seungmin is still alive. I don't want him to be used as leverage," he said, his voice resolute.

"Why do you care?" I asked, genuinely curious.

"Seungmin was good to me. I don't know why he left, but that doesn't make him the bad guy," he replied softly, a hint of sadness in his voice.

I tightened my grip around his waist, pulling him closer. "Alright, Hyunjin. We'll do it your way," I murmured, planting a tender kiss on his shoulder.

We stayed like that for a while, wrapped in each other's embrace, letting the warmth of the bath and the comfort of our closeness soothe away the lingering tensions.