28.

Freen's PoV

I got home after sitting for long in that place. My heart wasn't at peace. I was crying internally. I texted Becky, "Sorry," but there was no reply.

If she's not forgiving me, I'll beg her more tomorrow. Yeah, I'll do it. I couldn't sleep properly as my overwhelming thoughts wouldn't let me rest.

I woke up from a very bad dream early in the morning. No, this is not going to happen. No, Becky, please don't leave me.

I gathered myself and left the bed. I did my daily routine and hurriedly went to college. I should first apologize to Becky. I inhaled deeply, but Becky didn't show up at all. It was already late for class when I looked at the door one last time with all hopes. Finally, Becky stepped in. She didn't even look at my face and sat at the back on the bench.

She really didn't want to talk to me at all. It felt like a million stabs in my chest. God, when will these classes get over so we can have a break because my head is messed up? I'm sitting alone because Nam and Tee, well, I fought with them too.

Finally, the bell rang. I cleaned my desk and went behind Becky, who rushed hurriedly out of the class with Yuki.

I went close to her and stopped her. I said, "Becky, please listen to me. I'm sorry. I really am. I didn't mean to say those words. I'm sorry, please forgive me."

I was so loud that I didn't notice the whole crowd around us watching the drama. Becky's face grew angrier, and she said, "Stop this, Freen. I have forgiven you."

I smiled and said, "Thank you, Becky. Thank you so much, my sharky!"

She said, "Don't expect me to be the same. We're not the same anymore."

My smile eventually turned into deep sadness. I said with a shaky voice, "What do you mean, Becky?"

She said, "What I said!"

I said, "I'm sorry, Becky. Please don't say that. I'm really sorry."

She said, "Freen, don't apologize so many times. I said I have already forgiven you."

I said, "But you said..."

She said, "Yeah, I said we can't be the same anymore. I don't want to do those things again. I don't want to be that weak and vulnerable again."

I said, "Becky... Beck, listen..."

She was already gone. Tears left my eyes, which I had been holding in for so long. I went to a silent place and saw a shadow. I turned around, hoping it was Becky, but it was Tee.

She said, "Hey Freen, are you ok?"

I said, "Why are you here? I only hurt people. Even you, leave me. I only hurt them."

I cried, unable to deal with my emotions. It was all new to me—being attached and getting away from them. Everything was new, even this worst feeling which has caused a whole lot of mess in my life. The LOVE!

Tee said, "Freen, it's ok. I'm your buddy. You can yell and rant at me, but I won't leave you."

I screamed again, "Just go away, Tee."

She said again, "No."

Nam came from behind and said, "Yeah, we're not going anywhere."

I looked at them and said in a low voice, "Just leave me alone, please."

They pulled me out and made me calm. They took me back to class. I saw Becky still sitting there as if I was invisible to her.

Soon Tee said, "Hey Freen, you know there's an app named AI character? I got married to Mon and even had babies with her."

I said, "What, really?"

Tee said, "Yes."

I looked at Becky, who seemed very off and distant from our conversation. I said, "I would also want to talk to someone sweet but rude, who cares about me a lot and has a tiny, cute smile."

Tee said, "Oh."

Suddenly, Becky banged the desk hard and walked out of the room. I looked at Nam and Tee, asking what happened.

What did I do now? Was I in trouble? I ran behind her and saw her sitting near a tree, angry. I said, "Becky, I'm sorry. What happened?"

She didn't respond. I talked to her again and again!

Finally, she burst out...

............