65.

Becky's PoV

Freen's father came home after dinner. The moment he walked through the door, I could tell he was drunk. The heavy smell of alcohol clung to him like a second skin, and Freen tensed up beside me. She whispered for me to stay in the room, her voice tight with fear. I didn't argue—I knew what this meant. I could see the panic in her eyes, and it broke my heart.

I sat on the bed, my legs shaking uncontrollably as I listened to the muffled voices outside the door. The tension was suffocating, and I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. I hated this feeling of helplessness, of being unable to protect Freen from the pain she was about to endure.

Then I heard it—the sound of a slap, loud and sharp, cutting through the silence like a knife. My blood ran cold, and before I could stop myself, I was out of the room, my feet carrying me towards the source of the noise.

Freen was standing in the middle of the room, her hand pressed to her cheek, tears welling up in her eyes. Her father stood in front of her, his face twisted in anger. The sight of Freen, so hurt and vulnerable, shattered something inside me.

Without thinking, I rushed to her, pulling her into my arms. I held her tightly, shielding her from her father's wrath, my heart breaking as I felt her tremble against me. I could feel the sting of tears in my own eyes, but I blinked them away, refusing to let them fall. I had to be strong—for her.

Facing her father for the first time, I was terrified. My legs were still shaking, but I stood my ground, my arms wrapped protectively around Freen. I knew I had to do this. I couldn't let her face this alone.

"I love your daughter," I said, my voice trembling but firm. "And I will always protect her, no matter what."

Freen's father glared at me, his eyes full of contempt. I could feel the weight of his hatred bearing down on me, but I refused to back down. Freen needed me, and I wouldn't let her down.

As we stood there, locked in this silent battle, I felt a surge of determination rise within me. I might have been scared, but I was also fiercely protective of the woman I loved. No matter what, I would stand by her side, and I would fight for our love. Even if the world was against us.

That night, as I held Freen close, I knew that things would never be the same. But I also knew that, together, we could face anything. I wouldn't let anyone, not even her family, tear us apart. We were in this together, and nothing would change that.

..............

Please vote ..!