85.

Freen's PoV

After the movie, we walked around the city for a while, not really talking but just being together. I took her to one of our favorite spots, a small café where we used to spend hours talking and laughing. As we sat down, I noticed her relax a little, the tension in her shoulders easing as she sipped her coffee.

"Becky," I finally said, breaking the silence, "I'm sorry for everything. I know I've been distant, and I know I've hurt you. But I want you to know that I never meant to. I love you, and I'm so sorry for making you feel like you don't matter to me."

She looked at me, her eyes searching mine for sincerity. I could see the hurt still lingering there, but also a glimmer of hope. "Then why?" she asked, her voice soft. "Why did you push me away? Why didn't you tell me what was going on?"

I took a deep breath, knowing this was the moment I had to come clean. "I've been working so hard because I'm trying to get a job abroad. I wanted to surprise you, to give us a future where we don't have to worry about money, where we can live comfortably and happily together. I didn't tell you because I wanted it to be a surprise, but I see now that I was wrong. I should have shared it with you from the beginning."

Becky's eyes widened in surprise, and for a moment, she didn't say anything. I could see the wheels turning in her mind as she processed what I had just told her.

"I just wanted to make you happy," I continued, my voice breaking with emotion. "But I realize now that keeping this from you only made things worse. I'm so sorry, Becky. I never wanted to hurt you."

She looked at me, her eyes filled with a mix of emotions. "Freen, I appreciate that you wanted to surprise me, but I wish you had just talked to me about it. I felt so alone these past few weeks, and it hurt so much to think that you didn't want to share your life with me anymore."

My heart ached at her words, and I reached across the table to take her hand. "I'm sorry, Becky. I love you more than anything, and I promise I'll never shut you out again. We're in this together, okay?"

She squeezed my hand, her eyes filling with tears. "I love you too, Freen. I just want us to be okay again."

I nodded, feeling a weight lift off my shoulders as we sat there, holding hands and looking into each other's eyes. For the first time in weeks, I felt like we were finally on the same page again.

As the day went on, the tension between us slowly eased. We walked around the city, visited some of our favorite spots, and even did a little shopping. I could see Becky starting to relax, starting to let go of the hurt and anger she had been holding onto. It wasn't completely gone, but I could tell we were on the right path.

As the evening approached, we decided to head back home. I was exhausted from the day, but my heart felt lighter than it had in weeks. I knew we still had some things to work through, but I felt hopeful that we could get through it together.

When we got home, Becky asked me to wait in the living room while she went to get something. I sat down on the couch, feeling a little nervous as I wondered what she had planned.

After a few minutes, Becky came back into the room, holding a small gift-wrapped box. She handed it to me with a shy smile, and I felt my heart skip a beat as I took it from her.

"Happy birthday, Freen," she said softly.

I smiled at her, feeling a rush of warmth and love for this incredible woman. "Thank you, Becky," I said, my voice filled with emotion.

I carefully unwrapped the gift, my heart pounding with anticipation. When I finally opened the box, I was speechless. Inside was a beautiful bracelet, one that I had admired in a shop window a few weeks ago but hadn't been able to afford.

"Becky," I whispered, my voice choked with emotion. "It's beautiful. I... I don't know what to say."

She smiled at me, her eyes shining with love. "I wanted to get you something special, something that would remind you of how much you mean to me."

I felt tears welling up in my eyes as I looked at her, my heart overflowing with love and gratitude. "I love you so much, Becky," I said, my voice trembling. "Thank you."

I leaned in and kissed her softly, feeling the connection between us strengthen with each passing moment.

........