88.

Becky's PoV
Finally, unable to take it anymore, I walked over to her, kneeling beside her chair. I gently placed my hand on her knee, waiting for her to look up. When she did, the weariness in her eyes broke my heart.

"Freen," I said softly, "you're doing so much. I'm so proud of you, but... I'm also worried about you. You need to take care of yourself too."

She sighed, leaning back in her chair. "I know, Becky. But I have to do this. I need to get that job, I need to—"

I cut her off, squeezing her knee gently. "You're already amazing. You're doing everything you can. But you're also human. You need to rest, to breathe. I don't want to lose you to this."

She reached out, cupping my cheek with her hand. "I'm sorry, Becky. I didn't mean to make you worry. I'm just... there's so much at stake."

I leaned into her touch, feeling the warmth of her hand against my skin. "I know. And I'm here with you, every step of the way. But promise me you'll take care of yourself too. I can't do this without you."

She gave me a small, tired smile. "I promise."

Later that night, as we lay in bed, I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking about everything—her father's case, Freen's studies, the future she was trying so hard to secure. I knew she was carrying so much weight on her shoulders, and all I wanted was to take some of that burden from her, to share it.

I turned to her, watching as she slept, her face finally relaxed in sleep. She looked so peaceful, so beautiful, and it made my heart swell with love and worry at the same time. I was lucky to have her, but I couldn't shake the feeling that I wasn't doing enough.

Without thinking, I reached out and brushed a strand of hair from her face, careful not to wake her. She stirred slightly, leaning into my touch, and it brought a small smile to my lips. She was so strong, but even the strongest people needed someone to lean on.

The next morning, after she woke up, I decided to tell her how I felt. She needed to know that I saw her, that I understood what she was going through, and that I was here for her, no matter what.

As we were getting ready, I caught her hand, pulling her close. "Freen," I said softly, "I've been thinking... I'm so lucky to have you. I see how hard you're working, how much you're sacrificing. I just want you to know that I love you, and I'm here for you. Always."

She looked at me, her eyes softening. "No, Becky. I'm the lucky one. You're my rock, my anchor. I don't know what I'd do without you."

We spent the rest of the day together, trying to forget about the pressures and worries that had been weighing us down. We went for a walk, had lunch at our favorite café, and just enjoyed being with each other. It was like a breath of fresh air, a reminder that we still had each other, no matter what.

That evening, after we had dinner, I finally gave her the special gift I had bought for her—a small, simple pendant with a single word engraved on it: Hope. It was a reminder that no matter how dark things got, there was always hope, always a reason to keep going.

Freen's eyes filled with tears as she looked at the pendant, and she pulled me into a tight hug. "Thank you, Becky," she whispered, her voice thick with emotion. "You have no idea how much this means to me."

I held her close, feeling her warmth, her love, and for the first time in weeks, I felt like we were truly connected again. The distance that had been growing between us was gone, replaced by a renewed sense of togetherness, of hope.

As we lay in bed that night, Freen finally opened up to me about everything she had been keeping inside. She told me about her fears, her worries, and her plans for the future. It wasn't easy for her to talk about, but I listened, holding her hand, letting her know that I was there for her, no matter what.

By the time she finished, I could see the relief in her eyes, the weight that had been lifted from her shoulders. We fell asleep that night, holding each other close, knowing that no matter what the future held, we would face it together, with love, hope, and a renewed sense of strength.

.......

How's the story so far? Just few more chapters left!