Chapter 30

Daniella's Pov

We've been locked up in this dimly lit room for days now, if I'm not mistaken. I don't know how many have passed but it seems like forever already. We don't starve because they do bring us food, but sometimes I lose my appetite to eat.
I wonder why Javier hasn't found us yet. Isn't he planning on rescuing us or is the location of this place so hard to find?

Sigh.

I can't wait for him to save us. Sometimes I feel like crying because I miss home, because I miss him. Natalia would cry most of the time and I end up consoling her and reassuring her that her father will come rescue us soon.

"Mommy?" Natalia's voice broke my thoughts.

"Yes baby?" I answered, looking down at her curled up in my arms. She has always been in my arms like this because the floor is really cold.

"I miss daddy, and I miss nanny Lopé." She said, sadly.

"I miss them too. But don't worry, very soon we'll be with them. Okay?" I said, giving her my best smiles.

I got startled by the sound of the door lock being opened, I held Natalia tight in my arms. The door finally opened, and Carlos walked in, reeking of alcohol and a cigarette held in place with his lips. Clouds of smoke filled the air.
The last time he stepped in here and showing us his creepy face was the first night we were brought here. I wonder why he decided to come in here today. Whatever the reason may be, it doesn't bode well.

"How are my two favorite guests doing? I hope my men aren't being much of trouble to you seeing that you're both beautiful girls?" He taunted, putting his hands in his jean's pockets and then there's the smoke cloud around him that covered his face.

"Let us go, Carlos. If you want me then take me, but please let my daughter go." I said, more like pleading.

"Aww, that almost warmed my heart. But there won't be much fun if I just let either one of you go. Don't you know the saying - double the fun?" He said, letting out a short laugh.
There's no such saying like that.

"I don't know why you're doing this or what you wish to gain, but it will be game over for you once Javier finds us..."

I couldn't complete my statement when I received a hard slap across my face, startling Natalia in my arms.

"Oops, sorry. My hand slipped at the mention of his name, so it would do you a world of good if you could keep his name out of your mouth." He said.

"Mommy, are you okay?" Natalia asked, worried as she cupped my face in her tiny hands.

"I'm fine baby." I said, giving her my best convincing smile.

"But you are bleeding, mommy." She said, pointing to the side of my lip.
When I touched it, the pain stung me.

"It's fine baby, it doesn't hurt... I'm okay." I said, smiling down at her so she won't worry.

"Ugh, I'm getting bored now." He rolled his eyes at us. I could only glare in contempt. "Why don't I crank it up a notch and make it a little bit fun, huh?" He said, giving me an evil smirk.

What's he talking about?

He trapped his cigar in his lips and clapped twice with his hands. Suddenly the door opened, and three hefty looking men walked in, I recognize them as Carlos's men. I held Natalia tightly in my arms.

"Take them to the show room." Carlos ordered and walked away.

Show room?

What show room is he talking about?