Chapter 28

Third Person's Pov

“You sent an irresponsible stranger to go bring my daughter home?” Victoria spat out to a worried Penelope.

It's been three hours already and close to dinner time, but Daniella and Natalia hadn't returned yet. Penelope had tried reaching out to Daniella, but her phone has been unreachable getting her so worried.

“Will you just stop it right now, Victoria,” Penelope said, eyeing Victoria angrily. “This isn't the first time Daniella has gone to pick Natalia from school, and she isn't irresponsible unlike someone I know.”

“Penelope!” Victoria half yelled when she understood the meaning of her last statement.

“And for the record. Daniella isn't a stranger. She's Javier's legally wedded wife, and Natalia’s mother so she wouldn't do anything that would put her in danger.” Penelope said, enjoying the anger written all over Victoria's face.

“Put who in danger?” came Javier's voice, startling both Penelope and Victoria.

They were so lost in their argument that they didn't notice Javier came in.

“What’s going on, who's in danger?” Javier asked, turning to Penelope to speak up.

Victoria thought of taking advantage of the situation to bad mouth Daniella, so she brushed pass Penelope and went over to Javier.

“Penelope sent Daniella to go pick our daughter from her extra lessons. It's been hours already and they are yet to return. I'm afraid that Daniella must have placed our daughter in danger.” Victoria said, pretending to be emotional.

“Penelope what happened?” Javier asked, his gaze fixated on Penelope, completely ignoring Victoria who frowned.

“I asked Daniella to help me go pick Natalia from her lessons as I couldn't reach Juan over the phone and he had gone out with you. It's been hours now and they are yet to return.” Penelope explained.

“Have you tried reaching Daniella over the phone?” Javier asked, bringing out his phone to put a call through to Daniella.

“Yes, but her phone has been switched off. I really feel uneasy about everything.” Penelope said, worried.

“Who was the driver that went with Daniella?” Javier inquired.

“Pablo.” Penelope said.

Javier was about putting a call through to Pablo when Pablo walked in, looking all stressed up. Javier looked behind him, expecting Daniella to walk in with Natalia but that didn't happen.

“Pablo. What you took you so long to return? And where is my wife and daughter?” Javier queried, upset.

Victoria had a surprised expression when she heard Javier openly refer to Daniella as his wife, like he's in love with her.

“Speak up already!” Javier half yelled when Pablo didn't utter a word.

“Sir. We were on our way home when your daughter requested for ice cream, so Mrs. Ruiz requested I stop by any ice cream spot so she could get her some which I did. On their way to get the ice cream, a red sedan suddenly pulled up out of nowhere and some men came out of it and forcefully shoved them into the car. I tried going after them b-but I lost them… I'm sorry sir.” He explained in one breathe.

Javier was motionless for a moment, trying to process everything he just heard about Daniella and Natalia.

“Are… Are you trying to say they've been abducted?” Penelope asked, finding it hard to process what she just heard about her dear ones.