Chapter 23

Javier's Pov

Leaving the dinner table, I made my way upstairs to my study to prepare for a meeting I'll be having with some new investors from England.

I really don't know what's Victoria’s deal? What's she trying to do, impress me?

I overheard Daniella and her making a fuss about who should be the one to call me down for breakfast. I was surprised when Daniella seemed offended by it and addressed me her husband. She had said that this marriage was only on paper, then why did she boldly address me as her husband?

To be honest and for some strange reason, I liked the way she claimed me as her husband. It made my heart do skips, what should I call that feeling?

A knock on my door pulled me back to reality.  The door opened and Daniella walked in with a tray I presume, contained a cup of coffee. Seeing her now and recalling her words, it made my heart skip again.

What should I call this?

Yesterday, Juan had informed me that she didn't seem happy on hearing Victoria’s stay. So I had to explain to her it was only going to be for the time being, just until she gets a  residence. I don't know why I felt the need to explain myself to her, I just felt like it was the right thing to do.

Even if our marriage was built upon some contract, she is legally married to me and has a right has my wife.

“You didn't finish your breakfast, so I thought of bringing you coffee.” She said, placing the tray on my desk and bringing up the cup to me.

I looked at the cup for a moment before accepting it. I took a sip, it's just nice like I like it.

“I… I'll go now.” She said with a small smile.

“You suddenly regarded me as your husband in front of Victoria earlier, why?” I blurted out when she turned to leave.

I don't know why I'm asking this question now. She turned, looking surprised for a moment. I guess she didn't know I heard that.

“Well, aren't you my… my husband?” She asked, not wanting to meet my gaze.

“Legally, yes. But in reality like you said, we are just two strangers living under one roof.”

“Yes… but that was how I felt from the start.” She said, looking tensed and still couldn't meet my gaze.

I dropped my cup of coffee on my desk and made my way to her. Standing in front of her, I placed my both hands in my pockets and lowered down a bit to be able to meet her gaze.

I couldn't help but smile on how innocently cute she looks whenever she tensed or shy.

“That so?” He arched an eyebrow. "Well , what do you feel about me now?”

“Wha… what do …do you mean?” She stuttered.

“You’re implying that you feel differently than what you felt in the beginning. So I'm asking, what's changed?” I said with a sly smile when I sensed how more tensed her body became.

Teasing her is really fun, watching the way she reacts to it is riveting.

“I… I'm not sure I fully understand what you are talking about.” She stuttered, not meeting my gaze.

I think I should make this thing more interesting.

I quickly slide my hand round her waistline and pull her to me so that she was now looking into my eyes. Hers were wide in surprise.