Chapter 19 Playing The Hero

Meliza's POV

I didn't want to join the Team Building, but I had no choice. I would be automatically fired if I didn't show up. And being one of the supervisors means I am one of the team leaders for this two-day event.

Those girls were enough, and having Ethan in the picture made it worse. He was angry with me, and I didn't get it; I might understand his hatred towards me if he were a girl. Nicole and Crystal made sure to brainwash all the newcomers, and I am sure they also talked with Ethan.

Ethan shouldn't have judged me based on the rumors he heard. I hated him for what he did, and I just couldn't understand why I couldn't stop thinking about him.

I remember the first day I met Nicole. She was so beautiful that I wanted to be friends with her immediately. We became friends that day. She was sweet and kind to me. But after Vince showed up and spent more time with me, her treatment towards me started to change until she made it clear that I was her enemy and began spreading rumors about me.

I only told her I couldn't date someone from the lower class since my mother would be against it; Nicole only laughed. I didn't expect her to tell our fellow part-timers I am a social climber and gold digger.

I was shocked, and it hurt me so much because I thought we were friends. I was too young then and should have kept it to myself. I shared those things with her because I considered her one of my trusted friends, like Ruby.

I tried asking her why she was angry with me, and her answer broke my heart that day.

"You are my competition, Meliza. I don't like you at all. I don't want to be friends with you since you are nothing but trash." Nicole told me those words, and they still haunt me until now.

I was still hoping we would be back to being friends again one day. But now, I realize it will never happen again since she took it seriously. I will only get frustrated if I continue to hope since she did her best to contradict all my instructions as her superior.

I reported Nicole's behavior to Nina, and she was given a verbal warning. And now, she was trying to look innocent, but I knew she was plotting revenge on me after work.

I think fate played tricks with me since Nicole was always part of my team. Even now, during the team building, this used to be my favorite part of my stay here at the farm, but after knowing Nicole and Ethan belonged to Team Number Five, I wished to run back to my room and hide.

Having them on my team was a disaster, for I knew they would do everything to make our team lose.

I walked towards the fountain after Nina dismissed us and waited for my team members to report to me. Only the boys assembled right away, and l felt disappointed that the girls, headed by Nicole, lingered around Ethan.

Nicole and Ethan could be a good team since they both hate me. However, I am sure they will do everything they can to ruin my leadership and make me look bad to the management.

"What do you want us to do, Iza?" Ethan asked with a beautiful smile on his handsome face that almost made me choke. I wondered why he suddenly talked to me nicely.

"We will wait for further instructions. All I need from all of you is cooperation. We don't need to win, but we should do our best to gain a victory. It would be wonderful if we achieve something through hardship and unity." I responded without looking at him.

"Our first activity would be a Scavenger Hunt. We will be given a list of things and clues to find the items hidden around the farm through the plantation." I added.

"We need to work as a team to complete the task," I continued, and I wished to encourage them to win, but only the boys were listening to me. Nicole was flirting with Ethan the whole time I was talking to them.