Chapter 28 My Girl

Ethan's POV

I couldn't believe our date had become a disaster because of my stupidity. I shouldn't have done that; I used to drive my sports car in the city faster than I drove that car from the resort.

It was nothing compared to the times I drove during a drag race, and I understood why she acted the way she did. Maybe she was afraid that something might happen to us.

Even so, I should have controlled myself and accepted her decision in an excellent way, but how can I accept getting rejected by someone like her? I am Ethan Almendras, the heir of my father's empire, but I guess I lost that title the day I disobeyed my father.

"Don't tell me you easily give up on her?" My cousin asked after one week had passed since my unsuccessful date with Meliza.

"I have tried everything I can, but she is avoiding me, and there's nothing I can do, but I am not giving up on her," I replied, seeing the amusement on his face.

"Why do you look so happy that I got dumped by Iza?" I asked.

"I am not happy. I'm just dumbfounded that you got dumped. You had never been rejected by anyone before, and this is the first time I see you like this, and it amused me." Vince responded.

"Is this why you badly want her? Was it because she rejected you?" He asked, and I quickly shook my head.

"No, of course not. It is all because of how I feel for her. I don't know what to do anymore. I want her to be out of my mind, but no matter what I do, she's always popping up in my head. I can't stop thinking about how beautiful and hot she is." I responded.

"If you only know, I tried my best to forget her even for a day, but I can't," I added as I sighed heavily.

"You got it bad, Ethan. You looked so pathetic right now." My vousin muttered.

"Yeah, I know. I need your advice and your help." I replied.

"I am sorry, but I already did what I could, but she won't talk with you, and I wondered what happened during your date and why she acted that way." He stated, and I fell silent.

I didn't tell him what happened after she rejected me because I felt so ashamed of myself.

"Nothing happened during our date, but she can't deny she enjoyed that day with me, and she's too selfish to give me another chance to be with her," I said with frustration.

"Maybe she has her reasons. Don't worry, buddy; if you feel she likes you, she will come around." Vince responded.

"Do you think Iza is that kind of person? I don't think so. She has her own rules that I couldn't change, and I wish I were powerful enough to change her mind." I declared.

"I never knew that love could be so complicated like this," I added.

"Well, it's so funny because many times you told me love doesn't exist and you don't believe in love." Vince reminded me.

"That was before I met Meliza, and now I am in love with her, and I don't even know what to do anymore." I honestly replied.

"I gave her space because that's what she wants from me, but it doesn't mean I don't care about her anymore. Just watching her from a distance makes my heart flutter with happiness." I added.

"I don't want to force her and make a fool of myself. Maybe there is no way that I can win her heart, and maybe the girls were right when they said she is heartless, but still, I am hoping that one day she will wake up and realize she really likes me." I continued.

"I wanted to be friends with her, but she doesn't give me a chance, and it hurts me that she threw everything I gave her, even the flowers that I picked in the garden," I said, and he looked at me with a mischievous grin.