Chapter 42 A Troublemaker

Ethan's POV

I was holding back my laughter when I saw Meliza's strange behavior. I don't know if she was doing it to annoy me, but she looked so cute as she put her scarf over her head and sunglasses inside the restaurant, which drove Ruby mad.

Sylvia nudged my arm, and when I turned my head and looked at her, she was looking at me with a quizzical look on her face.

"What?" I whispered.

"Your ex-girlfriend looked so obvious; she is flirting with you by doing that horrible thing; she looked like a fool; who was in their right mind to put on sunglasses inside the restaurant?" Sylvia asked, irritated while I couldn't deny I was having fun even if Iza annoyed me for acting so weird.

She still looked innocent, and I hated that I couldn't stop staring at her, knowing my girlfriend's eyes glared with enviousness.

"Don't tell me you are still jealous. Do you really think I will choose her over you? Come on, Syl. My ex has no class, and you knew she would never pass by my parents' standards," I whispered.

"How about your standard, Ethan?" She asked.

"You don't need to ask me that kind of question, Sylvia; we belong in the same world," I replied as I kissed her forehead. And it was enough to soothe her, and she relaxed beside me.

I could feel Meliza's anxiousness, and when I looked around, I noticed some guys were looking at our table. And they were mainly looking at my ex. I am sure they are not fascinated by her beauty since they are looking at her differently.

It seemed like they were ready to attack her, and I wondered what their deal was, and I suddenly felt alarm. I didn't have to feel this way because I hated Iza, but I couldn't stop feeling angry at those men looking at her with interest. They looked like predators who were ready to strike their prey.

Suddenly, the restaurant became chaotic as Iza stood up from her seat and quickly ran outside, leaving Ruby and our friends stunned; then I saw those men running after her.

"Shit, Meliza is in trouble," I mumbled as I got up, then Sylvia stopped me by holding my arm.

"Where do you think you are going, Ethan? You told me your ex was a flirt, and now that those men were after her, you suddenly felt worried. Have you seen her act that way?" She asked, and I stared at Sylvia, speechless.

"That is why she acted strangely; Meliza is good with men. Can't you see they are all running after her? You have to relax and let us eat lunch without her." Sylvia added.

"I don't think that is the case. I am sorry to break it to you, Sylvia, but Iza is not what Ethan had described to you. She was never a flirt; it just happened she got that overloaded sex appeal and charm that guys would drool over her and found it hard to resist her." Ruby spoke as gently as possible, and I could tell she was controlling herself.

I had always known Ruby wouldn't allow anyone to say something terrible about Iza, and I knew she would hold me liable for what Sylvia had said.

"I think Iza is in big trouble," she added with concern.

"I am sorry, Syl, but I have to do this," I whispered as I removed her hands from my arm. I hastily walked out of the restaurant, and I suddenly felt nervous when I couldn't find Meliza.

I searched around the area and started to get worried when there was no trace of her or even the men from the restaurant. I wondered what kind of trouble my ex was in. I described Iza to security and asked if she had seen her.

"She went that way, Sir," he replied, and I ran as fast as I could. When I heard the men calling her name, I realized she was running away from them, and I couldn't believe she didn't even ask for help; instead, she ran away as if she were familiar with the place.