Chapter 33 My Escape Plan

Meliza's POV

I cried a bucket of tears that night after I slapped Ethan. I didn't mean to slap him in front of our friends, but I had to stop him from talking because I knew I would lose it. I can't tell him I love him so much, and it hurts me to say the opposite to him.

Hurting Ethan with my hurtful words is the only way to make him hate me, and that is my plan so that he will accept my rejection. I don't want to look at his face full of love and admiration for me. I want to see him in hatred because I deserve his anger.

I don't know why it has to be like this. I didn't even know why my mom knew about us. No matter how I squeezed my head, I couldn't think of someone who would betray me because only Ruby and my manager knew my mom's contact number.

"Are you sure about your decision?" Ruby asked the following morning, and I felt glad she hadn't left my room since last night, and she knew I was hurting.

"I don't have a choice. I have to do this, or else you know my mother, Ruby. She will do everything, and I don't want Ethan to be dragged on this. I am sure he also has some issues about his family and why he was here on this farm. I didn't know much about him, even if I gave myself to him." I responded.

Ruby knew that I had already given up my virginity to Ethan after my eighteenth birthday.

It was magical, and I will always remember that day until I die. I didn't have any regrets. I liked him so much that I couldn't stop doing it with him. We were engaged, and I was on cloud nine. I wanted to spend more time in bed with him, but I didn't know our relationship should end like this.

"I thought you were going to spend another month here. I didn't expect you would leave me alone here," my best friend said, pouting her lips.

"I am sorry, Ruby. I wanted to stay here with you, but my mom and her new boyfriend are so eager to take me away. Don't worry; I will tell you everything after we settle. I am just hoping this time that everything that my mother said was true because I don't want her to be disappointed again."

"I guess Fred is loaded with money because he can afford plane tickets, and they are staying in a luxurious hotel in town," I added.

"You are already an adult; she can't dictate what to do, Iza," Ruby replied.

"I can't tell you why I must do this, Ruby, but trust me. I am doing this for Ethan." I stated.

"If you love him, you will not do this to him. He is hurting, you know, and if you could only see his face after you slap him, you would realize what you have done." Ruby declared.

"I can't take back what I have done. I admit I regretted it, but that is the only thing I can do to stop him from bothering me. I don't want to leave with unfinished business. I already made a choice, and that is my family." I responded, and her face fell.

After I hugged Ruby tightly, I said goodbye to her. She sent me to the front porch, and I felt glad that it was still early and that the rest of our friends were in their respective rooms sleeping.

I hated my mother for coming so early. I looked around one more time before I put on my sunglasses and walked towards the car. And my entire body felt so cold when I heard his voice calling my name.

I don't want to see Ethan before I leave because it will only make me feel worse, and saying goodbye to him is not part of my plan. But since he is here, I have to end our relationship with proper closure. I slowly turn around and wait for him. I try to keep my face expressionless as I stare at him.

I slowly removed the ring from my finger and handed it to him as he approached me. When he said he loved me, I wanted to close the distance between us, hug him, and tell him I felt the same way, but I had already made a choice, and I had to be brave in front of him.