Prologue

Sydney

“We still need to buy food supplements, water, essentials, a spare tire, pillows, blankets, snacks, kitchen stuff, and we cant forget to buy the electricity generator.” I say, counting off the things we need to buy on my fingers.

“Why do you want to buy pillows and blankets when we can just all take our old ones?” asks Kacy putting away supplies, for changing the tire, into the car.

Kacy has a good point. I don't even know why I wanted to buy new ones. I guess I just thought that we would buy everything new. But once again, Kacy has a better idea. It would be nice, though, to have everything in one aesthetic. But on the other hand, using old and used things is an aesthetic on its own.  And since were are going to be travelling in an old van, it does kind of put a vibe on its own.

“Plus, it saves money.” says Kacy pulling me out of thoughts.

“You’re right. We will need the money for other stuff.” I agree.

“What money?” asks Chloe, as she and Tara are coming out of the house onto the drive way with drinks.

Tara is really good at mixing drinks. She can mix any drink you want. She can even make you think that you are drinking an alcoholic one, even though its a virgin one. I always ask her what makes it so good, but she doesn't want to share her secret ingredient though. I'll make her tell me on of these days.

“I wanted to buy new pillows and blankets to put into the van, but Kacy had a good point when she said that we should take the old ones from our home. It saves a lot of money actually.” I say taking the drink from Tara.

“What is it?” I question her taking a sip. God, its really good.

“Mochito with a tiny drop of alcohol.” Tara says winking at me. Shes trying to get us all drunk. And its not even noon yet.

“When we bring the old blankets it will have a good vibe. You know, the old hippie kind of style. With the van and everything.” Chloe says waving a hand at the van while taking a seat next to Kacy.

“Glad we settled that… We still have to decide on who is going to buy the groceries, who is going to drive to the repair shop and get a spare tire for this thing and we still have to agree on how big of a bag are we all taking!” I look at all if them with a serious face.

“Sydney, I know we already leave in a month, but can we just chill a second. Youve made us work the whole day.” Tara groans while Kacy tries to stiffle her laughter.

“It's not even noon, so it wasn't a whole day, but fine we don't have to talk about it now. But if you're going to be starving during the trip, it won't be my problem.” I drop defeated in the bean bag on the road.

Whiskey, my cat, climbs into my lap purring. I love my girls with all my heart, but honestly sometimes they act like little kids. Like right now. Tara is tickling Kacy, while Chloe is filming them. Tara is right though. We can plan out the groceries another day. I'll just enjoy the end of the day with the girls that are crazy but my best friends.

After all, it's the last day that we are able to hangout with Tara before her exams. The whole next month, she won't be able to help us work on the van because she's trying to finish her semester earlier in order to be able to come with us on the trip.