Platos First moon

The early morning air was crisp as Plato Wessex oversaw an intense training session with his army. The looming conflict with his brother Ryain for the crown had spurred heightened preparations.

Roman, alongside Acroan's top warriors, drilled the men relentlessly. Their shouts and the clash of weapons echoed across the training grounds.

Clover and Senna joined the maids to help bring refreshments to the troops with help from the castle staff. A concerned midwife approached Senna, advising rest for the sake of her unborn child she haven't rest since the war started. Clover agreed, and the sisters retired for some quiet time together, bringing their babies along.

As training continued, guards announced the arrival of more Acroan warriors pledging their support. Among them was Shune, who had previously clashed with Notah Acroan. Humbled, Shune knelt before Notah, and his father.

"My sister recently gave birth," Shune explained. "Seeing the love between her, the child, and its father awakened a new sense of protectiveness in me as an uncle. I now understand your decision to ally with the Wessex family to safeguard your child."

Turning to Chief Krav, Shune and the other Acroans knelt, declaring in unison, "I swear to defend, protect, and honor my chief."

This display of unity and loyalty bolstered the morale of the combined forces, strengthening their resolve for the challenges ahead. The alliance between the Wessex and Acroan peoples grew stronger, promising a formidable defense against Ryain's impending attack.

As the training period came to an end, the group of Acroan men arrived at the grand castle of the Royal Wessex Family. With curiosity and a hint of nervousness, they were greeted by Clover and Senna, who descended the steps with babies in their hands followed by Credessa. Credessa warmly welcomed the men, who bowed in respect.

"Is that baby Notah? Can we see him?" Shune, one of the Acroan men, asked eagerly. Clover proudly showed off the baby, and the men marveled at the child. "He's all you. I'm glad you're a looker," Shune complimented.

The men were given tents to set up camp on the castle training grounds, and as they settled in, Plato and roman led them to the throne room.

Credessa, ever the gracious hostess, concerned herself with the comfort of their guests. She arranged for extra bedding to be delivered to the tents, Roman chuckled, pointing out that he was more worried about their bears doing damage. The maids soon arrived with covers and pillows for the men, ensuring their comfort.

Plato, noticing Roman's concern, jokingly suggested he make sure Credessa wasn't flirting with anyone. Roman, feigning seriousness, followed Credessa around protectively. Meanwhile, Senna approached Plato, expressing a desire to spend some quiet time together.

Plato and Senna shared a tender moment in the throne room, reaffirming their bond despite past troubles. Their reconciliation was briefly interrupted by Roman's return, which seemed to affect him deeply.

Ryah Rues, seizing the opportunity, whisked Roman away, perhaps hoping to lift his spirits or pursue her own interests.

Meanwhile, Clover entrusted her son to Krav and his wife for the night, a gesture of trust and family bonding. Clover then returned to her own chamber to find Notah waiting for her. He surprised her with a warm bath he had prepared for them. They soaked in the soothing water, talking and cuddling before retiring for the night
The castle settled into an uneasy peace, the calm before the storm of impending conflict. Alliances were strengthened, relationships tested, and preparations continued for the challenges that lay ahead in the struggle for the Wessex crown.
Roman had just finished aiding his ally, Ryah Rues, in a time of need.
After a long day of battles and negotiations, Roman retired to his lavish bed chambers, his mind heavy with thoughts. As he passed his Senna, without a word, she stopped him in his tracks. Roman, preoccupied and distant, was irritated by her interruption.
"What could you possibly want, Senna?" Roman asked curtly, his eyes betraying a hint of frustration.
Senna, hurt by Roman's cold demeanor, questioned, "Roman, what has gotten into you? What has changed between us?"
Roman, unable to contain his emotions any longer, confessed, "I am tired of watching the woman I love with another man. He has taken everything from me, from my crown to my heart."
Senna, tears welling up in her eyes, pleaded, "Roman, what has changed? I love you, and I have always loved you."
But Roman, torn between duty and desire, turned away from Senna and retreated to his chambers, seeking solace in a goblet of wine. As he lay in bed, consumed by conflicting emotions, a knock on the door startled him.
Assuming it was Senna, Roman called for her to enter, only to be met by the alluring figure of Ryah Rues, draped in a silk sleep robe. Confusion and temptation clouded Roman's judgment as Ryah moved closer, her intent clear.
"What are you doing here?" Roman's voice was strained with uncertainty.
Ryah, undeterred by his initial resistance, leaned in to kiss him, but Roman hesitated, his mind flooded with thoughts of Senna. As their lips met, Roman's eyes snapped open, realizing the gravity of his actions. Pushing Ryah away, he stammered, "This is a mistake. I cannot betray my heart."
Undaunted, Ryah shed her robe, revealing her curves, and taunted, "Is it still a mistake, Roman?"
Thinking with his desires and his principles, Roman covered Ryah back up, refusing to succumb to temptation. He confessed that he was involved with someone else, albeit in a complicated relationship.
Ryah, unfazed by his admission,
Pouring herself a glass of wine, Ryah urged Roman to indulge in the forbidden fruit, pushing him onto the bed with a smile of mischief and seduction. But Roman, torn between duty, love, and desire, knew that the path he chose would define his fate.

The halls of the castle echoed with an uneasy silence, broken only by the soft footfalls of Queen Sapphire as she walked, her heart heavy with the weight of recent events. Her eyes, once bright with pride, now held a haunted look as she purposefully avoided her son Ryain's gaze.

Ryain, unable to bear the tension any longer, finally broke the silence. His voice, tinged with frustration and a hint of desperation, cut through the air. "So, I guess you're going to ignore me now."

Sapphire turned to face him, her eyes blazing with a mix of anger and disappointment. "Ryain, to go to war against your brother is one thing, but to harm family is another. You're going mad!" The words burst from her like a dam breaking.

"Now I'm the one going mad for believing in what is right?" Ryain's voice dripped with sarcasm, his face contorting with barely contained rage.

In a sudden burst of emotion, Sapphire grabbed a nearby vase, hurling it to the ground. The crash echoed through the room as she shouted, "You told me no harm was coming to family, Ryain!"

A cold laugh escaped Ryain's lips, sending a chill down Sapphire's spine. "No, mother. I told you no harm was going against my brother! Everyone else who thinks what Clover did is okay can be kiled."

The finality in his tone made Sapphire's blood run cold. With trembling hands, she gathered her things, her decision made. She quietly requested some guards to accompany her in secret to the Wessex castle, where her other son, Plato, resided.

The journey was tense, filled with Sapphire's racing thoughts and growing dread. When they arrived, the maids bowed low, one rushing to fetch Plato. As he entered the room, his eyes widened in shock at the sight of his mother, whom he hadn't seen since their departure.

Their embrace was bittersweet, filled with unspoken words and regrets. Sapphire's voice quivered as she spoke, "Call off the war. Take me prisoner. I've seen the gravity of my mistakes."

Plato shook his head, his face a mask of sorrow and resignation. "Mother, I tried, but now it's far too late. Allies have been brought into the war; we have lost people. Ryain is now a traitor. He will have to bend the knee to me. I will have to imprison him or worse , you know that."

Tears streamed down Sapphire's face as the full weight of her actions crashed upon her. "I've failed as a mother and as a queen. I'm sorry I've caused all of this."

Plato's voice was gentle but firm. "Ryain chose war, not you. I'm glad you can own up to your mistakes, but it's far too late. I have men at the ready. Ryain harmed family – one of the worst things you can do."

Sapphire wiped her eyes, her voice barely above a whisper. "So now I must watch my boys end each other." With a trembling hand, she caressed Plato's cheek and kissed him goodbye, her heart breaking as she left.

Unable to bear the thought of her sons shedding each other's blood, Queen Sapphire made her way to the serene lake on the outskirts of the kingdom. The moon cast a silvery glow on the still waters, reflecting her troubled face as she stood at the edge.

Her mind raced with memories – of happier times when her boys played together, of the moment she first held each of them in her arms, and of the fateful decisions that had led to this point. Tears flowed freely now as she whispered a prayer to the gods, begging for forgiveness for the role she had played in driving her sons apart.

As the first light of dawn began to paint the sky in hues of pink and gold, Queen Sapphire made her final decision. With one last sorrowful look at the world she was leaving behind, she stepped into the cool waters of the lake.

The gentle lapping of waves against the shore was the only sound as Queen Sapphire sank beneath the surface, embracing the eternal sleep that would bring her peace at last. The rising sun cast its warm light on the lake, unaware of the tragedy that had unfolded in its depths, as a new day dawned on a kingdom forever changed by the choices of its royal family.