Chapter 001

"A new neighbour?"

She nodded and sipped her cup of coffee before speaking. "Yes, a divorced man and his son. I expect you would be welcoming to his son? He will be attending your school soon and I hope you won't embarrass me again. Right Sunmi?"

My mum stated sternly as she didn't even look at me. I faked a smile and muttered a small "yes".

I walked up to my room, dragging my feet against the stairs.

The air in this house was thick and intense, making it truly unbelievable hard to breath in; yet miraculously I'm surviving from this tension.

By the time I got into my room I noticed something odd about the house next door. I narrowed my eyes at the house and stepped a little closer to the window so that I could have a better view.

There was a light but the curtains were still closed.

It's been a while since I've even seen someone living in that house, as the old house was unappealing on the outside but the interior was quite magnificent.

No one bought the house as they took one look on the outside and declined the house immediately.

Without much interest about my new neighbours, I averted my eyes away and took my phone before dragging myself to school.

I walked down the usual road, admiring the various colours of pink and white daisies in the garden in the park. The sky was blue, the sun was shining brightly and there wasn't a single cloud in the sky at all.

To put it simply, it was a nice day.

As I noticed I was now in front of the school I sighed deeply and plastered a smile across my face, my eyebrows were no longer arched and my eyes flashed no emotion.

Without even changing my facial I expression I greeted all the other students who greeted me. The boys whistled and the girls squealed as if I was some sort of popular korean idol.

Bored, I decided to go to the student council room to sleep a little more before going to class.

"Jung Sunmi!" I was pushed back by the unexpected forced and stumbled a little. I looked over shoulder and cracked a small smile.

"It'll be nice to get a simple good morning for once before you end up snapping my spine in half, Kang Hana." She giggled and grinned as she hopped off my back, fixed her sweater and adjusted her skirt.

I rolled my eyes and flicked her forehead. "Yah your skirt is too short."

Hana winced and scrunched her face up, "yes mum." She muttered sarcastically before pulling her skirt down a little. "So uptight."

A dry chuckle escaped my lips as I continued walking to the student council room, but stopped abruptly as one of the teachers caught Hana and me.

It was just my luck, Ms Song was the most annoying teacher I had. I don't know why but she believed she was some love expert so she would always ask our class if anyone had any love problems.

Not sure why an unmarried, single woman was giving out love advice.

I brushed my hair to the side and smiled politely at her. "Sunmi-ah have you found a boyfriend yet? I've noticed you're the only student who wasn't once asked me for advice."

No one asks you for advice.

"Sorry Ms Song, I've just been quite busy with work and hasn't come around to it yet." She placed her hand on my shoulder as I cringed, wanting to slap it off.

Luckily the bell rang and I bowed politely before pulling Hana's arm and dashed off before she could say anything again. I scowled and grunted loudly when we were far enough from Ms Song. I never really liked engaging with her in any conversation, it was as if she had some sort of special power to make me blow off my top every time I went near her.