Chapter 011

I twitched in my swimsuit and pulled my knees up to my head. The shade of the umbrella kept my white skin un-kissed by the sun. The strong scent of salt water filled my nose as the sound of clashing waves filled the empty void of quietness.

Usually the beach would be completely full but apparently everyone had headed off to a water park that had just had their grand opening.

The unusually happy weather was wearying me down and the fluff ball next to me by the name of Kim Taehyung wasn't helping. He was glaring at the waves and crinkling his nose in annoyance.

"Stop frowning you're killing my mood." I gritted my teeth.

Snickering, he waved me off. "Please Princess, you're definitely the life of the party right now. Honestly how did you manage to get us on a plane to Jeju?"

Clenching my fist, I stopped myself from wanting to punch Taehyung. The both of has had been extremely intolerable of each other since arriving in Jeju this morning. How we ended up sitting on the beach, remains a mystery. Actually the whole situation was ridiculous — the teachers said that we should just stay in Jeju instead if going to Seoul and I was in charge of any mishaps; the school was even able to get us a hotel.

Although it was a nice hotel, I much rather stay in a villa that had extremely fast wifi and Hana there to entertain me with her flirtatious skills.

Speaking of Hana, she called me earlier, boasting about all the pretty boys around her. I ended up just hanging up on her irritable and told her to go suck a — that isn't important — so now I was alone with Taehyung on a deserted beach.

Sand was soft against my skin and crackles of shells filled the ocean air. I perched up against my chair and muttered a profanity to no one in particular – but it may have been to the flock of birds that were fighting over a bag of French fries that had been dropped on the floor, its contents sprawled across the floor.

Taehyung sipped on his can of soda and stood up, brushing the sand off of his beach shorts and t-shirt.

"I'm going to swim, it's no use just staying underneath an umbrella all day." He stated, his hands moving down to clutch onto the hem of his shirt before slowly removing it off of himself. I stared at how his back muscles tensed and glistened from the sweat caused by the unbearable heat.

For a third year middle schooler, he sure had a nice body.

Shaking my mind from all of those impure thoughts, I stood up as well, deciding that he was right and that I shouldn't stay under an umbrella. I didn't want to admit he was right so I instead made up a lame excuse.

"I guess I should come with you, just in case you drown and you need someone to save you. But try not to drown on purpose because you want me to save you, I don't really want to put my lips on top of your dry, cracky lips."  Taehyung snorted at my reason. I wasn't sure if he was annoyed or amused.

We began making our way towards the ocean.

A cocky grin resided on his face as he mocked, "whatever, I'm sure you would stick your tongue in my mouth first chance you get.

My cheeks flushed red as I bit my lower lip. I picked up my beach towel and threw it at his face before pushing him into the water. Water droplets splashed on me as he fell in, soaking himself in the salt water.

"You're disgusting." I commented, prepared to step in until a hand shot out and pulled me into the water. Being unprepared, I fell in with just as hard as Taehyung.

Salt water coated my hair as the water burned down my throat.

I sat up and coughed, wiping my mouth as Taehyung shook his head to get rid of the excess water. I dunk my hand under water with my palms facing upwards before sprinkling water on to him.